autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Building up my inventory!

Quote Originally Posted by raheelc View Post
    If you'd like to save some cash on a polisher, Autopia Car Care has some Open Box Sales going on in their forum for some polishers. I just picked up a GG 6 for $90! I think they have a PC 7424XP for $80 (obo). You may want to check it out so you can save some cash.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    just looked at this thread....one PC still available for 80...would be a heck of a buy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StealthXJ View Post
    I am narrowing down an extremely long wish list! Now, before I do any client cars, I will be trying everything out on my Jeep. With that said, should I bite the bullet and go ahead and spend $200 on the Portar Cable 7424XP kit with the McKee's polish in addition to a bunch of other stuff that I plan to buy, or should I first try by hand and see how it looks first?
    my personal preference is griots dual action polisher.Has a lifetime warranty,it's lighter than the pc and just feels right in your hand.I had one that I beat to death and it died on me after several years of use,it's like the Honda of polishers.Applying different polishes and such by hand won't work,need a machine to work the polish for max results.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the lead and the help! I will am highly considering buying that PC!

Post Thanks / Like

Harbor freight sells a 6 polisher with what some say is more power for less,worth googling hf polisher autogeek

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    just looked at this thread....one PC still available for 80...would be a heck of a buy
    Yep! I was initially going to buy the PC, but then I read a forum member's comment on one the many threads on the PC vs GG 6 here at AG, and his point made me decide to go with the GG instead. I can't remember what thread it was, or which member, but in short:

GG Has more power, and also has the lifetime warranty. He also mentioned that the PC is a polisher that a user will/may outgrow, while the GG is a polisher that a user can grow in to.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthXJ View Post
    Thank you for the lead and the help! I will am highly considering buying that PC!
    No problem! May want to jump on it ASAP!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so my Papa (Grandfather) has a Cyclo Model 5 serial #072185. Looks to be a darn nice polisher and it's free for me to use right now, so I will just buy some new pads for now. Oh buy, about to drop a bunch of money tonight on a lot of stuff!

Also, I'm realizing that I will need a very small polisher, most likely non DA, to use on clients' cars where the larger polishers will not work. With that said, I am a mobile guy and can only fit a small air compressor in my Jeep. The problem with this is that almost all of the angle die grinders that I see seem to require large capacity tanks. What are my options?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raheelc View Post
    Yep! I was initially going to buy the PC, but then I read a forum member's comment on one the many threads on the PC vs GG 6 here at AG, and his point made me decide to go with the GG instead. I can't remember what thread it was, or which member, but in short:

GG Has more power, and also has the lifetime warranty. He also mentioned that the PC is a polisher that a user will/may outgrow, while the GG is a polisher that a user can grow in to.

No problem! May want to jump on it ASAP!
    I bought a boss 15 large throw on Monday and returned it the same day,and purchased a new griots da.It blows away the g 15 as far as power and deosnt stall over curvy panels.pc is under powered a little bit compared to the gg6.Best little machine that gets the job done for a 149.00 you can't go wrong.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I bought a boss 15 large throw on Monday and returned it the same day,and purchased a new griots da.It blows away the g 15 as far as power and deosnt stall over curvy panels.pc is under powered a little bit compared to the gg6.Best little machine that gets the job done for a 149.00 you can't go wrong.
    It will be hard to find a bigger griots 6 fan then me.

Saying it has more power then the G15 if you measure power by OPMS (orbits per minute) you might be right.

(Any 8mm throw machine will have more OPMS then a long-throw)

But the G15 still has a bigger 900w motor, and even though it loses in the OPMS battle, the G15 will correct twice as fast as the griots 6 inch.

8mm throw vs a 15mm throw that is almost double, that is why it cannot have the same opms as the 8mm, because it is traveling a larger distance and working more.

The 21 is even slower in the opms department but due to the massive throw it is doing more work in less orbits.

The pc rotates faster then the flex 3401 like crazy, although the flex still has more correcting power.

I still use the griots 6 in every correction i do its one of my favorite machines, its like a boss just pc style chassis.

However make no mistake that the G15 and G21 are still the kings of correction. In the griots polisher line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steelholder View Post
    Harbor freight sells a 6 polisher with what some say is more power for less,worth googling hf polisher autogeek
    If it has more power than the norm,you will be going thru pads like crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Yep I agree! I got mine for $90!The money I save I can use towards the pads. Just need to figure out which pads to use (going to be using the Blackfire SRC Finishing polish). First time buying my own polisher/pad system.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast