autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

D101 APC leaving a residue behind?

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

Perhaps the IPA is also causing this in conjunction with the APC.

I'm pretty sure it's the APC on it's own causing the white residue.. It doesn't usually happen if you're just doing a quik wipedown with a towel, but if you take a brush to lets say some door panel plastic switches that's when it tends to happen.. And if you want to experience it on a drastic level, try spraying Megs APC directly on a vinyl dash and using your steamer on it. I've been seriously shocked at the initial results, hoping I hadn't just ruined everything. Lol.
    Luckily an immediate follow up with D180 made it go away.. But it took at least 2 applications before I felt safe again.

QID is supposed to help in the same way, but I only recently began using it for this purpose since I wanted to make use of a couple of bottles I've had sitting around for a while.. It works great on interiors that are already nearly clean, but I still think the scent is a bit off putting.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: D101 APC leaving a residue behind?

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I for one wouldn't use IPA on the dash. I believe Nick Winn over on Meguiar's mentioned the same thing to you in regards to not using it as well on vinyl in your ultimate protectant thread.

Perhaps the IPA is also causing this in conjunction with the APC.

For those thinking that Meguiar's QID is going to clean heavy soil good luck with that. It's cleaning ability is light.

DP Interior Cleaner works well. Blackfire interior cleaner is another good one. Both have more cleaning power than QID from personal experience.
    I agree. I use DP Total Interior Cleaner and recently tried the Blackfire product as well. Both are standards for me now.

Perhaps the proof of the pudding is that I lent a bottle of the DP interior cleaner to my wife when she needed to clean up a mess she had created. (She usually doesn't use my car care products for reasons that I assume are entirely contrarian.) A couple of weeks later she said: "Where to you keep that interior cleaner?" VERY rare event!

<TED>

Post Thanks / Like

Re: D101 APC leaving a residue behind?

When I just have dust to clean off my dashboard, I use Meguiar's QID. But when I need a stronger cleaner, I use D101 (15:1) and then I go over it with a dampened towel, followed by a dry one.
    It's more than a car...Keep it clean

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12