autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Picking a dual action polisher

Quote Originally Posted by choijw2 View Post
    first of all, I dont think there is such a thing as best polisher when it comes to detailing.

and more expensive machine won't bring out better result than cheaper one just because, and vise versa,
    its all about the user and technique.
    main benefit of having more expensive machine is less vibration and working time.

what youre saying is "person with more expensive camera will take better pictures" when actually everything is depends on person who is holding the camera.
    Actually if you read what I posted (these aren't my exact words but it's the same idea) you'd know that I said that if you're having a hard time with something and your not getting the results you want then it's going to depend on the user. A top quality machine does what it does regardless of the user. So in essence if you have a great machine and something isn't working out right then you can't blame the machine you can only blame yourself and your technique. Now let's say I went and bought a Harbor Freight polisher and I didn't know why my results were horrible or something wasn't going the way I wanted it to you wouldn't be able to differentiate between it being you or the machine because the machine is cheap and the user may have little experience. I never said that a great machine will produce great results regardless of the user. Furthermore I purchased the items that I did because of the reviews that they have all gotten and seem to have proven themselves to the professional community.

This is what I said but I just explained more up above.

Quote Originally Posted by apierce1289 View Post
    Exactly why I purchased the best. Plus if you have any issues most times it's the user and not the machine. But with cheap stuff you can't tell.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Picking a dual action polisher

Everyone will tell you how great their machine is, but all have cons...

1. PC - not enough power, but versatile for pad size.

2. GG6 - good power, but noobs often cook pads with it.

3. Harbor Freight - if you buy this, maybe the guy at Harbor Freight will teach you how to use it?

4. 3401 - finishing isn't always perfect or as easy with some paints due to forced rotation. Also, numerous complaints of the machine being fatiguing or awkward to use.

5. Rupes Bigfoot - system costs a lot. Essentially you will need to buy two machines to handle the pad sizes you need to polish a car.

6. Griots BOSS - see Rupes. However, no large throw "mini" BOSS machine exists that can really handle sub 5" pads. So, you will be locked into pads > 5".

7. Megs MT300 - not proven, reliability seems spotty. Prolly not worth the extra money over a GG6. Not crazy about this machine. Seems like a PC in a Rupes style body.

If your a baller $$$, get the Rupes 21 and Mini, with all their pads and polishes. Prolly cost close to a grand.

If your a regular dude, get a GG6 and multiple BPs and pads - prolly costs half the Rupes set up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Everyone will tell you how great their machine is, but all have cons...

1. PC - not enough power, but versatile for pad size.

2. GG6 - good power, but noobs often cook pads with it.

3. Harbor Freight - if you buy this, maybe the guy at Harbor Freight will teach you how to use it?

4. 3401 - finishing isn't always perfect or as easy with some paints due to forced rotation. Also, numerous complaints of the machine being fatiguing or awkward to use.

5. Rupes Bigfoot - system costs a lot. Essentially you will need to buy two machines to handle the pad sizes you need to polish a car.

6. Griots BOSS - see Rupes. However, no large throw "mini" BOSS machine exists that can really handle sub 5" pads. So, you will be locked into pads > 5".

7. Megs MT300 - not proven, reliability seems spotty. Prolly not worth the extra money over a GG6. Not crazy about this machine. Seems like a PC in a Rupes style body.

If your a baller $$$, get the Rupes 21 and Mini, with all their pads and polishes. Prolly cost close to a grand.

If your a regular dude, get a GG6 and multiple BPs and pads - prolly costs half the Rupes set up.
    I wouldn't say I'm a baller but I just save my money for the things that I want and I don't like buying cheap stuff. I might get a Rupes 21 in the future but who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apierce1289 View Post
    A top quality machine does what it does regardless of the user.
    my point is, like i said, this is simply not true.

it IS upto user not upto machine, if what you saying is true, we wouldn't see people asking for help on here because they couldnt get LSP ready with flex, rupes or any other machine.

and about harbor freight.... I used their rotary polisher for 3 years..... which costed me only $40.

just trying to help.
    Please like my page

Jae @ ONYX Detail Garage

Post Thanks / Like

my point is, like i said, this is simply not true.

it IS upto user not upto machine, if what you saying is true, we wouldn't see people asking for help on here because they couldnt get LSP ready with flex, rupes or any other machine.

and about harbor freight.... I used their rotary polisher for 3 years..... which costed me only $40.

just trying to help.
    Your missing the point... A top quality machine functions the same regardless of who's using it. Therefore the only thing that could effect the outcome is the user and his technique. How hard is that too understand? A top quality machine will not make you a top quality user but it will give great results once you've perfected your craft. I never said top quality machine makes a noob a pro. Which is what your saying stop putting words in my mouth. And just to prove a point a Rupes machine will function the same in my hands as it will in yours the only thing effecting the outcome is you or myself (the user). You don't read very well or else you'd understand that a machine functions one way and only one way. This is like saying that a car does not run the same if the person that bought it is not driving it a car will run the same no matter who's driving it the only thing that will affect the handling of the vehicle is the user the car cannot drive itself. The machine even a shitty machine (if it's a crap machine there's no changing that variable) doesn't decide how it's going to function every time it's turned on its made to function the same way no matter who is using it the only thing that can affect the outcome is the uncontrolled variable which is the user. A machine is designed to function one way and only one way the rest is up to the person using it. And furthermore I'm not going to entertain your uneducated posts so don't even bother to post you make no sense.

Post Thanks / Like

We're both saying the same thing if you read everything. This is a stupid conversation because I literally said the same thing you did in a different way.

Post Thanks / Like

hahaha im sorry if I pissed you off kid
    Please like my page

Jae @ ONYX Detail Garage

Post Thanks / Like

At least I'll know it's not the machine doing a horrible job. It could only be me if the job is less than perfect. I was never denying that.

Post Thanks / Like

Im sorry i misunderstood you, glad we are on same page.
    Please like my page

Jae @ ONYX Detail Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Im sorry i misunderstood you, glad we are on same page.
    No big deal it's kinda funny looking back at it lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast