autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy's World Black Hole Show Glaze question

Car is only 5 months old and since it is Mazda 3 2015 with horrible thin paint, micro swirls and minor scratches allover. My ride is street parked 24/7 and there is no access to outlet to get DA, even if I had access to outlet it would be risky to use it. So, I decided to go w/ glaze.

Let me describe steps:
    1. I washed car along w/GG paint prep,
    2. then clayed with NS sponge and Riccardo clay.
    3. I used Meguaires hand applicator foam sponge to put PBWBH
    4. I was itching regarding this step but pulled a trigger. I decided to seal it wit DG 105/601 with foam applicator
    5. Few minutes later I put 915 to completely cocoon it to my satisfaction

Don't get me wrong a Red car turned into lollipop only thing missing is sugary smell. There is a disappointing part, I still can see micro swirls as before under certain light condition. On a top of that, we had torrential rain for an hour or two two a day after I worked on my car.

My question is since DG 105 sealant dedicated foam sponge picked up some purple dye did it remove PBWBH glaze? I read that DG105 has almost no cleaners.

How much this unusual for summer pouring rain can affect on sealant/wax over the glaze longevity?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboy's World Black Hole Show Glaze question

Quote Originally Posted by VeloNYC View Post
    Car is only 5 months old and since it is Mazda 3 2015 with horrible thin paint, micro swirls and minor scratches allover. My ride is street parked 24/7 and there is no access to outlet to get DA, even if I had access to outlet it would be risky to use it. So, I decided to go w/ glaze.

Let me describe steps:
    1. I washed car along w/GG paint prep,
    2. then clayed with NS sponge and Riccardo clay.
    3. I used Meguaires hand applicator foam sponge to put PBWBH
    4. I was itching regarding this step but pulled a trigger. I decided to seal it wit DG 105/601 with foam applicator
    5. Few minutes later I put 915 to completely cocoon it to my satisfaction

Don't get me wrong a Red car turned into lollipop only thing missing is sugary smell. There is a disappointing part, I still can see micro swirls as before under certain light condition. On a top of that, we had torrential rain for an hour or two two a day after I worked on my car.

My question is since DG 105 sealant dedicated foam sponge picked up some purple dye did it remove PBWBH glaze? I read that DG105 has almost no cleaners.

How much this unusual for summer pouring rain can affect on sealant/wax over the glaze longevity?
    DG 105 is an AIO, so yes, the cleaners probably removed the BH. You should have skipped that step. Being out 24/7 probably doesn't lend itself well to a glaze. If you were to try again, I'd probably opt for a PB LSP as well. I once tried topping PBWD with DG111. It only lasted through a couple of rainstorms.
    That being said, the 105/601 under 915 would probably work out fine. Just skip the glaze. Save it for your garage queen.

Post Thanks / Like

The 105 removed the glaze. It has cleaners in it. The glaze probably compromised the 105 as well. I'd start over. If you glaze, stay within the same family of products. Prima amigo / hydro max, CG ez creme/ jetseal are examples. Perhaps a PB combo would work. Another great combo is pinnacles' paint cleansing lotion/ pinnacle sealant.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    The 105 removed the glaze. It has cleaners in it. The glaze probably compromised the 105 as well. I'd start over. If you glaze, stay within the same family of products. Prima amigo / hydro max, CG ez creme/ jetseal are examples. Perhaps a PB combo would work. Another great combo is pinnacles' paint cleansing lotion/ pinnacle sealant.
    I usually like to stick "within the family" regarding LSPs.

So if you were to do BlackHole again, perhaps top it with Nattys or something else from PoorBoys.

Nothing wrong with mixing and matching but keeping within the same manufacturer keeps "some" of the guess work out.

Post Thanks / Like

Like others have said. The 105 probably removed the black hole. If you want to try your glaze again I'd top it with the 915 alone. That may be better as 915 shouldn't have cleaners.

I recall a post a while back from swanic that showed good durability of pbwbh under I believe menz PL. if I get time I may try to find it.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't waste your time sealing a glaze. The oils in the glaze will prohibit the sealant from bonding.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I did a black Ford Escape , and applied Black Hole followed with Collinite 476. It looked great and lasted all winter in Chicago.

Post Thanks / Like

I suspected it but few posts misled me a bit, not biggie

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...gloss-ttp.html

Poorboys White Diamond/Black Hole Show Glaze?

Shall I strip again everything with GG paint prep and clay bar/sponge and start all over?

If PBWBHG with 915 will last from August to December then I can do 105/601 with 845 to protect ride for 4 months during NYC winter nastiness.

Will Prima Hydro MAX bond to glaze?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeloNYC View Post
    ...Will Prima Hydro MAX bond to glaze?
    Unlikely.