autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Foam cannon or foam gun

I am in the market to get either one of these. Which would you guys suggest and what brand? I have a John Deere pressure but dont know if I want to break it out for every wash but if it is that much better than a foam gun I will. Any guidance will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam cannon or foam gun

The foam canon is pretty awesome. The foam gun does the job but again, foam canon is awesome. heh.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the cannon. I don't use it with every wash. Maybe once a month so breaking out the pressure washer isn't an issue and now that I went to an electric pressure washer I might use it every other wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SupraBrian View Post
    I am in the market to get either one of these. Which would you guys suggest and what brand? I have a John Deere pressure but dont know if I want to break it out for every wash but if it is that much better than a foam gun I will. Any guidance will be appreciated.
    I just recently purchased a Auto Geek foam gun and really happy with it. The bare minimum amount of shampoo you fill with is 2 ounces. The more car shampoo ounces you fill up with, the more foam you will get but: You use a lot of shampoo doing 6 or 8 ounces of car shampoo

Honestly, its not needed. Two ounces of the car shampoo is really all that's needed to foam it up deceant.

The foam cannon does look awesome but I have seen videos of it making crazy amounts of awesome foam. With that said ,no way that thing was filled with just 2 ounces of car shampoo. You using up some serious shampoo to get that crazy foam action on the video.

Post Thanks / Like

Cannon hands down! I wouldn't waste my time with a foam gun if you have a pressure washer available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
    I just recently purchased a Auto Geek foam gun and really happy with it. The bare minimum amount of shampoo you fill with is 2 ounces. The more car shampoo ounces you fill up with, the more foam you will get but: You use a lot of shampoo doing 6 or 8 ounces of car shampoo

Honestly, its not needed. Two ounces of the car shampoo is really all that's needed to foam it up deceant.

The foam cannon does kook awesome but I have seen videos of it making crazy amounts of awesome foam. With that said ,no way that thing was filled with just 2 ounces of car shampoo. You using up some serious shampoo to get that crazy foam action on the video.
    Not true. Most electric pressure washers for example up to 2000psi use right around 1-1.4 gallons per minute when turned on. The injection of air and subsequent pressurization is what makes the foam go nuts.

I think I would run out of a standard foaming solution first versus a pressurized one of the same volume.

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious but what makes the foam cannon a better, more efficient cleaning tool over the foam gun?

I'm not asking this to be a jerk or to challenge your knowledge. Just trying to learn. 😎 What does the foam cannon do that's so much more benifical to cleaning the car over the foam gun?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryandamartini View Post
    Not true. Most electric pressure washers for example up to 2000psi use right around 1-1.4 gallons per minute when turned on. The injection of air and subsequent pressurization is what makes the foam go nuts.

I think I would run out of a standard foaming solution first versus a pressurized one of the same volume.
    Very interesting sir. Thank you for pointing this out to me. Let me ask you this. How many ounces of car shampoo does one use with the foam cannon? What's the minimum reccomended amount?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
    Very interesting sir. Thank you for pointing this out to me. Let me ask you this. How many ounces of car shampoo does one use with the foam cannon? What's the minimum reccomended amount?
    I guess it depends on what soap you use.

Some people dilute while some use straight soap and let the gun mix. Couple ounces of your favorite well-foaming soap in the container with water is what works for me. I did accidentally use straight soap the other day which also worked.

Post Thanks / Like

I use about 6 ounces in my cannon I would say.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast