autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

response from car wash about touchless

The following is a response I received from a car wash around my area.it's royalcarwash.com. I normally use laserwash which is totally touchless but expensive.it's at touchfreecarwashing.com. If u buy in bulk it's less. I usually buy 25 washes for$169. The other car wash offers an unlimited price which is very inexpensive but they have the hanging brushes/pads. Is it true what they are saying about the ph and all that . I only use the touchless in the winter for the salt.I try to do a rinse less if possible.I'm worried about stripping all my hard work that I put into it. thanks

Thank you for taking the time to ask us a questions about the Royal Wash.

We have previous experience with Laserwash bays, however due to higher PH and acidy of harsh chemicals needed to clean a car without friction along with less then satisfactory results of even our experience with some of the best, most modern touchless machines available, we do not intend on opening any touchless car washes.

The Royal Car wash is equipped with the most advanced and state of the art equipment that we take great pride in being able to wash vehicles to the standards in which we hold ourselves to.

We hope to have the opportunity to wash your vehicle soon.

Thank you,

Post Thanks / Like

Re: response from car wash about touchless

sounds like a pretyped message to people worried about their brushes.

note, they talk about ph levels but don't really give details about the products that have a "higher ph". they just claim that the competitor is going to throw acid on your car more or less. and they don't bother will saying something like "our brushes will never mar your finish". they just say they are up to their own standards, which can be anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, obviously touchless car washes will strip your protection much faster. That's why I go to a do it yourself and just use water and then rinseless at home.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    Yeah, obviously touchless car washes will strip your protection much faster. That's why I go to a do it yourself and just use water and then rinseless at home.
    I fully agree. Have you ever tried to explain to the guys working at the car wash that the brushes do scratch. Uh-Buoy.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    It does eat away at the LSP faster, but I can still make it through the winter without totally loosing coverage. I think as long as you've got a good coat of a durable product, it really should be a non issue.

There is no way I'd ever go back through a traditional car wash. The damage to the paint and the wheels is just not worth it.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I wrote back and told them I would rather it stripped my products then leave scratches and swirls. I'll post their reply if/when I get one