autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is Gtechniq?

OK, so I am a little lost as to where this thread started to go off the tracks, so I will just state again, if anyone does have any questions or wishes to discuss the GTechniq line in a little more detail, please feel free to reach out.

As for the rest of the things that have come up:

Cheese: My favorite is Sharp Cheddar. I like buying it in blocks instead of pre-cut slices or shredded. My favorite brand is Sargentos, but you just can't beat Target's in house brand that you can usually end up saving another 10% on.

Pam: They make a great grilling spray, but as for everything else, I would just stay with the generic brand.

Vinegar: I like to wash all my microfiber towels a second time with vinegar after doing a wash with soap. We all know that vinegar is the cure all for everything.
    Kevin Awalt
    GTechniq North America
    (866) 561-0487 KevinAwalt@GTechniqNA.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    They have some great products, I would almost 100% use them exclusively if they offered large refill sizes. Even if the price wasn't much different from buying 8 16oz bottles, I would buy a 128oz refill because of the ease of having it on hand. And more importantly, creating less waste for the landfills. I'm an eco-friendly detailer who pushes that in my marketing. So I go always go with products I can buy in bulk size. It's easier to store 5 big gallon size containers than 45 16oz bottles. It's a shame because I really really really like a few of their products. I just used 128oz as an example, obviously a product that comes in a 50ml bottle I wouldn't expect a 3800ml version. I just want a size where I buy it once and don't have to worry about reordering it for months if not longer.

With that being said, they have killer products, which as others have mentioned you shouldn't overlook just because of the price.
    They sell 250ml size bottles I believe?!?!?!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    They sell 250ml size bottles I believe?!?!?!
    They do have larger sizes in certain products, their car shampoo, and I did see a big(er) EXO in a spray can, but only v1 not v2. And even the can still isn't really that big imho. I'm talking about their Perfect Glass and other products. Carpro has big sizes for even their high end products. 5 liter Hydro02, yeah it's $490 but they at least offer it. 50ml of EXO v2 wouldn't last long. I don't want to order 25 containers of it. I know GTechniq has a reason they don't offer bulk refills though. EXO was maybe a bad example because Carpro doesn't offer a huge sized CQuartz, but they have everything else in bulk.

This isn't a knock on them as a company, just an observation. I'll be putting a coating on my car soon and it will be EXO v2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    They do have larger sizes in certain products, their car shampoo, and I did see a big(er) EXO in a spray can, but only v1 not v2. And even the can still isn't really that big imho. I'm talking about their Perfect Glass and other products. Carpro has big sizes for even their high end products. 5 liter Hydro02, yeah it's $490 but they at least offer it. 50ml of EXO v2 wouldn't last long. I don't want to order 25 containers of it. I know GTechniq has a reason they don't offer bulk refills though. EXO was maybe a bad example because Carpro doesn't offer a huge sized CQuartz, but they have everything else in bulk.

This isn't a knock on them as a company, just an observation. I'll be putting a coating on my car soon and it will be EXO v2.
    I placed my order earlier today for EXO along with other stuff. I even called AG and talked to Nick about it. There's no doubt in my mind that I'm getting a great product.
    Chase
    Mine: 2017 GMC Sierra SLT Z71, 6.2L Crew Cab
    Hers: 2016 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 EcoBoost

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just want to know if anyone has applied a wax on top of a c1/exo application. I just purchased the c1 and exo. Plan on doing 2 coats of exo and was thinking of topping it with pinnacle souveran.. Has anyone tried this??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greeley Autospa View Post
    I just want to know if anyone has applied a wax on top of a c1/exo application. I just purchased the c1 and exo. Plan on doing 2 coats of exo and was thinking of topping it with pinnacle souveran.. Has anyone tried this??
    Although my "eyes-are-on-stalks"...
    Why am I not surprised?!?!

:smh:

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Can you do it? Sure? Has anyone, if they like the benefits of a coating then no. You are just masking all the properties of the coating until the wax wears off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greeley Autospa View Post
    I know that this has been discussed on numerous threads, but I will go ahead and discuss it here again, because I have experience with the above coatings.
    GTechniq C1 is the base, but can be use alone.EXOv2 is the "topper" but it can be used alone as well. When you use both of these items together, the EXOv2 gives the ultra hydrophobic water sheeting that everyone wants, and also gives the slick silky feeling of a wax or sealant.
    This is where going back and topping these two items is a futile exercise. It adds nothing to the coatings, and some argue that you are not getting a full bond anyway with the wax.
    My advice is this; If you enjoy waxing your car, then do not coat it and just wax it every couple of washes. If you still want to do the coatings, for ease of maintenance, gloss and hydrophobic properties, then put up the wax and let the coatings do what they are supposed to do.

HUMP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HUMP DIESEL View Post
    because I have experience with the above coatings.

GTechniq C1 is the base, but can be use alone.

EXOv2 is the "topper"
    but it can be used alone as well.

When you use both of these items together,
    the EXOv2 gives the ultra hydrophobic
    Would you be so kind to fill in the blanks below? TIA.

C1: As a Base/Stand-alone LSP...
    Hydrophobicity degree = ___

EXOv2: Stand-alone LSP...

EXOv2: As a "Topper-of-C1-LSP"...
    Hydrophobicity degree = Ultra
    Ultra Hydrophobicity "contact angle" = _____

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Would you be so kind to fill in the blanks below? TIA.

C1: As a Base/Stand-alone LSP...

EXOv2: Stand-alone LSP...

EXOv2: As a "Topper-of-C1-LSP"...
    Hydrophobicity degree = Ultra
    Ultra Hydrophobicity "contact angle" = _____

Bob
    I will find out

HUMP

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast