autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 40 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Auto Detailing Day at Tuscarora Dave's (South Central PA)

Hi Everyone.

In the not so distant past I held a few "one on one" Detailing Days where a forum member would come out to my shop and spend the better part of the day talking in depth about detailing, asking questions, getting some hands on experience with different polishers and some techniques related to each style polisher we worked with.

Both of these forum members "Detail Kitty" and "Kyle Elantra" seemed to enjoy themselves and claimed to have gotten a lot out of the experience.

I've been thinking about having a bigger and better detailing day this spring.

Within the past few days, a brand new member posted a thread asking for help in the PA/NJ areas, basically looking for someone to show him the ropes and help guide him through the learning curve concerning paint polishing and detailing in general. I replied to his thread with my thoughts of hosting a detailing meet up, asking anyone interested to send me a PM titled "Interested in Detail Day".

In the matter of a day and a half, these forum members replied with their interest in seeing this event unfold.

1.mightypudge
    2.kochdalton87
    3.Eandras
    4.Legacykid
    5.coachhoach

I know Kyle "Kyle Elantra" is interested in coming out, and I'm pretty sure Monica "Detail Kitty" wants to join in the event.

My shop isn't a very big shop, in fact it's rather small but I do have a decent size lot where a half a dozen cars could be placed to be worked on if attending members want to do some work on their own cars while at the event.

The main focus of the event however, will be a Ford Mustang belonging to new forum member "mightypudge". This car will be front and center getting a full paint correction as he's the new forum member who originally posted the thread reaching out for help.

This event will have to be either on a Saturday or Sunday, so I ask those on the list so far, please check your calenders and collectively as a group, we'll hammer out a definite date for this event.

Anyone else in the area who'd be interested in attending this event, please send me a PM entitled "Interested in Detail Day" and I'll add you to the list of attendees.

To all interested, please help me to keep this thread alive by actively commenting in it so it can be seen on the front page for a while.

Any questions, ask away...I'll do my best each day to update and answer any questions.

My shop is located at 629 Wyndamere Road, Etters PA 17319 so you guys/gals attending can map it out, add it to your GPS and plan your trip here for the event in plenty good time.

Thanks for showing an interest in this event.

You can find my phone number by clicking on my website link in my signature. Feel free to call with any questions or suggestions about the event. TD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Auto Detailing Day at Tuscarora Dave's (South Central PA)

Thanks, Dave, for your shining example of:
    "Each one, Teach one"...

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like
    That's awesome of you to do, sounds like a fun day in store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Learning anything from Dave is a blessing. He helped tweak my game the last couple of times we met. A professional of the art.

I'll be contacting you soon Dave. I have a fun project for us down here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm hoping I'll be able to cruise out there just to freakin hang out with everyone!!! My Firebird needs some miles on it this year.

Subscribed
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

awesome dave, very cool & generous of you to put this together & host it

Post Thanks / Like

How cool is this?!?!?

Let me once again thank Dave for his incredibly gracious offer. I'm a proponent of "paying it forward" and clearly Dave is filling up his Karma bank account.

The Mustang was a gift to myself for achieving a very important goal. So I really want to take care of her so I can enjoy her for a long time.

Just a quick story for some perspective on why this is so important to me: Last year I was basically knocking on death's door. I've had a terrible junk food addiction since I was 21, so at 43 years old I was topping the scales at 300 pounds. My blood pressure was through the roof, my cholesterol ski high, and I was diagnosed with depression.

The short version of this story is that between last May and today I've lost over 100 pounds thanks to regular exercise and proper nutrition. My health is totally improved and I am a new man! In fact, since I believe so strongly in the "pay it forward" way of life, I've decided to become a personal trainer so I can help others take back their life.

Anyway, there's my story.

It'll be an honor to learn from Dave and have my Mustang be featured that day. I hope to meet some of you there!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mightypudge View Post
    How cool is this?!?!?

Let me once again thank Dave for his incredibly gracious offer. I'm a proponent of "paying it forward" and clearly Dave is filling up his Karma bank account.

The Mustang was a gift to myself for achieving a very important goal. So I really want to take care of her so I can enjoy her for a long time.

Just a quick story for some perspective on why this is so important to me: Last year I was basically knocking on death's door. I've had a terrible junk food addiction since I was 21, so at 43 years old I was topping the scales at 300 pounds. My blood pressure was through the roof, my cholesterol ski high, and I was diagnosed with depression.

The short version of this story is that between last May and today I've lost over 100 pounds thanks to regular exercise and proper nutrition. My health is totally improved and I am a new man! In fact, since I believe so strongly in the "pay it forward" way of life, I've decided to become a personal trainer so I can help others take back their life.

Anyway, there's my story.

It'll be an honor to learn from Dave and have my Mustang be featured that day. I hope to meet some of you there!
    Awesome success story, Im also in the industry, Seeing what people go through to break a habit which was a way of life for them. Its truely inspiring and motivational!

I specialize in corrective exercise and nutrition. And love talking "shop" look forward to meeting you!

Dave, this is great and looking forward to this. Might be tough for everyone but any Sunday would be best for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Hi Everyone.

In the not so distant past I held a few "one on one" Detailing Days where a forum member would come out to my shop and spend the better part of the day talking in depth about detailing, asking questions, getting some hands on experience with different polishers and some techniques related to each style polisher we worked with.

Both of these forum members "Detail Kitty" and "Kyle Elantra" seemed to enjoy themselves and claimed to have gotten a lot out of the experience.

I've been thinking about having a bigger and better detailing day this spring.

My shop is located at 629 Wyndamere Road, Etters PA 17319 so you guys/gals attending can map it out, add it to your GPS and plan your trip here for the event in plenty good time.

Thanks for showing an interest in this event.

You can find my phone number by clicking on my website link in my signature. Feel free to call with any questions or suggestions about the event. TD
    Please add me to the list as 'Tentative' for even though I head up your way often to see my family, i know not when I will head up next - so I can try to plan a trip around your event!!

since it is a full correction, what would you ask participants to bring? Tools/Polishers, products, open minds and questions? etc?
    I believe in becoming who I am (Translation: You learn everyday.)
    <-Bubba

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Dave.

If I was closer I would love to come but 4+hrs of driving is a little much.

Page 1 of 40 1234567891011 ... LastLast