autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Adam's versus Menzerna

I know that Adam's is not the best topic on this forum, but my question is a little different. I have just gotten into the world of detailing and I have corrected about 5 vehicles. I started off with all Adam's products and the Flex 3401. So far I have had really great results, but I have only done 1 dark vehicle, and it seemed to take a long time to get results with the Adam's. Here is where my question starts:

I am almost out of the new 2 step of Paint Correction Polish and Paint Finishing Polish. I am wondering if I should swap up and go to the Menzerna FG400 or SI1500 and the SF4000. I have never used a SMAT polish, so I am kind of scared in that sense. I really like the DAT formula's but I am not so sure that isn't just because it is what I am used to.

I think that the Adam's Correcting polish could cut better, but so far it hasn't let me down either. I have the Buff and Shine MF orange, Orange Foam, and Orange white pads. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

PS Also I have a 2009 Mercedes to do in the next few weeks and I have heard they have VERY hard clearcoat...is this true?

Optimus Shine Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adam's versus Menzerna

Here is a quote from a review that Phil (I'm guessing, the author wasn't stated) at Detailer's Domain did.

"As mentioned before I think we can safely say it sit right next to Meg’s D300 but can finish down better and I believe it will cut faster. It sits nicely in between Menzerna FG400 and Sonax Perfect Finish."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to check and see, if I can find out, if the two Menzerna products you listed are formulated with SMAT abrasives.

To be continued...

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure that Menzerna are all DAT based polishes. I am also really interested to hear what Bob finds out.

In the mean time pick up FG400 and SF4000 to add to your arsenal. I have always had fantastic results with Menzerna products.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's some information I found:

Menzerna SMAT or DAT?

More information may soon be following...

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme
    Menzerna FG400 uses, what has been described to me, as Agglomeration Abrasive Technology.

Agglomeration, according to Marian-Webster, means:
    1. the action or process of collecting in a mass
    2. a heap or cluster of usually disparate elements

In terms of polishing abrasives, this defines Menzerna as a diminishing abrasive polish. The primary crystal aluminum oxide abrasives are joined together in agglomerations in order to higher level of cutting action with less abrasive load (less abrasives in the compound). Friction will break the larger abrasives apart (fracturing) until you are left with the primary crystal abrasives.

By using modern abrasive crystal refining, Menzerna looks to be attempting offer the best of both worlds. The initial high level of leveling that a diminishing abrasive offers as well as the high quality of finish that a non-diminishing abrasive offers. By using a lesser amount of abrasive powder in the compound, Menzerna can offer a wetter product that will dust less and has a higher potential to finish paint.
    This is their abrasive technology they use.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all the help so far...I completely misread that thread and thought Menzerna was SMAT, but now it looks like it might be DAT or a hybrid?

I have really enjoyed the Adam's stuff, but I read so much about the Menzerna that I had to ask the question.

Since I am still a slight novice, what do yall recommend from Menzerna...should I stick with Adam's?

Optimus Shine Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

There is no comparison between Adams Polish and Menzerna.....Adams sent me there polish about a year ago....and it wasn't anything I wanted my business name associated with, so I contacted them and they said to either keep it or give it away....Like comparing Apples to Oranges. Just my 2 cents, and I have been detailing for 15 Years.
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly Phil from Detailers Domain did a review on their new 2-step with positive results. However, at the end he still claimed he would reach for Menzerna first. The link to that review seems to be broken/lost. Maybe you can somehow find it and read it yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBlackHoe View Post
    Thank you for all the help so far...I completely misread that thread and thought Menzerna was SMAT, but now it looks like it might be DAT or a hybrid?

I have really enjoyed the Adam's stuff, but I read so much about the Menzerna that I had to ask the question.

Since I am still a slight novice, what do yall recommend from Menzerna...should I stick with Adam's?
    Try the Menzerna and from there, and then as Mike Phillips says, "use what you like and use it often."

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell Jarvis View Post
    There is no comparison between Adams Polish and Menzerna.....Adams sent me there polish about a year ago....and it wasn't anything I wanted my business name associated with, so I contacted them and they said to either keep it or give it away....Like comparing Apples to Oranges. Just my 2 cents, and I have been detailing for 15 Years.
    Out of curiosity, was it there new 2 step or old 3 step system?

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast