autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adam's versus Menzerna

Quote Originally Posted by tpr1634 View Post
    Yeah, just didn't work for me I actually threw the bottle out, have you tried 845.
    No. I have that, Lava, & 50/50 Concours I want to get low on before I try other things. I threw out Griot`s Best of Show Wax after 2 cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SickTRed08FSI View Post
    No. I have that, Lava, & 50/50 Concours I want to get low on before I try other things. I threw out Griot`s Best of Show Wax after 2 cars.
    I have and used 50/50 I like it.

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It gives amazing results. I love to use Lava on bright colored cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tpr1634 View Post
    Even though junkman did not really work for adams he did more in my opinion for his company image than Adam himself, I met AJ a few years ago great guy. As I said in a older post " if your listening or care Adam when the junk man left so did my money" now that's power. Hope Dylan lands at auto geek it would good for everybody.
    I met Junkman at one of Adams clinics in my area, he makes so even a novice like me understood it. Never did find out why he left but from what I hear and see on you tube he`s doing OK...

Mike does and excellent job also I got one of his videos and found alot of good info also. Being a novice there are so many products and opinons its hard to find out whats good for yourself but forums do clear things up and of course AG sales and free samples..

It helps when you play video on 70" TV it seem he is in the room with you

Post Thanks / Like

I use a lot of Adam's stuff but I also lurk this forum daily and soak up as much info as I can. It's good you finally bought the Menzerna polishes because for a few posts there it looked like you were "breaking your head" over which way to go. My suggestion is go ahead and try out the Menzerna stuff, no need to stress out over it.

I have the Adam's two step corrections system and really like them, especially the finishing polish which gives you a ton of working time (the old polishes didn't work for me) but I also have the Meg twins and the D300 and a few others. Not all vehicles paints are the same so it's good to have different ones on hand to accommodate different vehicles.

As for Dylan leaving, I was truly shocked. I really liked that guy, he was very active on the forums, very nice and really knows his stuff. First Chase and now Dylan.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4squirrels View Post
    Interesting. Just wild speculation here of course, but I wonder if it's a case of conscience catching up. I once had a job selling something where the reality of its abilities didn't live up to the hype and sensationalism of the marketing machine. It does catch up with you and wear you down if you have a conscience.
    I don't think it's this because he was the head of research and development. He pretty much had the final say in everything that came out from there. If he didn't believe in their abilities, he wouldn't push them out. It would be a case of consciousness if he was forced to promote products he didn't think were good but I don't think that's the case here. He drove the development of these products.

I just think he has greater ambitions and maybe wants to break out on his own which is normal as people often do this often in business.

Post Thanks / Like

The leaving of Chase as a rep and Dylan as their head of operations is definitely odd. As a weekend warrior that uses a lot of Adam's products, amongst others, I would be lying if it didn't make me ponder things a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by varga740 View Post
    I use a lot of Adam's stuff but I also lurk this forum daily and soak up as much info as I can. It's good you finally bought the Menzerna polishes because for a few posts there it looked like you were "breaking your head" over which way to go. My suggestion is go ahead and try out the Menzerna stuff, no need to stress out over it.

I have the Adam's two step corrections system and really like them, especially the finishing polish which gives you a ton of working time (the old polishes didn't work for me) but I also have the Meg twins and the D300 and a few others. Not all vehicles paints are the same so it's good to have different ones on hand to accommodate different vehicles.

As for Dylan leaving, I was truly shocked. I really liked that guy, he was very active on the forums, very nice and really knows his stuff. First Chase and now Dylan.
    yea it was really making my head spin...I really loved the Adam's 2 step, but felt like the Menz would give me more cut faster and such...If i don't like it i can always go back to Adam's

Quote Originally Posted by chas44 View Post
    The leaving of Chase as a rep and Dylan as their head of operations is definitely odd. As a weekend warrior that uses a lot of Adam's products, amongst others, I would be lying if it didn't make me ponder things a bit.
    Definitely has input on what products I plan to buy from here on out.

Optimus Shine Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBlackHoe View Post
    yea it was really making my head spin...I really loved the Adam's 2 step, but felt like the Menz would give me more cut faster and such...If i don't like it i can always go back to Adam's

Definitely has input on what products I plan to buy from here on out.
    Agreed!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chas44 View Post
    Chase left too? How did I miss that?
    07 TBSS AWD 3SS (Black) - 09 TBSS 2WD 3SS (Silver)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 02xtreme07SS View Post
    Chase left too? How did I miss that?
    yea i missed that too. Hes no longer Chase@Adams but Chase@InsanePaint.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast