autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Kracher

Post Thanks / Like

Kracher

I finally got a Kracher. The wife was going to buy one for me for Father’s Day. She went to a couple of Big Lots and found one. The 1650 PSI model was on display but none in a box. She opted for the 1500 PSI model since they had one in a box. At first I was leery since it was a lower model than I had wanted, but then I figured 1500 vs. 1650 ain’t that big of a difference.

I tried it out today and was not all that impressed. Maybe I need a different wand? It came with two. Neither made for a very strong spray. That being said, it did make cleaning the wheels and wheel wells much easier. But I was expecting a strong spray.

Is it the attachment or is 1500 just not enough?

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a karcher 3.68 for fathers day and I can say I wasn't all that impressed. I reallly onlt got it so I can use it with their foam gun. But the foam gun I have from ag creates thicker foam then the karcher foam gun. I am still looking for a retrofitted on but the karcher has a funny connection that yo have to insert and twist. But other then that like you said it makes easy work out of the wheels and wheels wells...

Post Thanks / Like
    I gotta say I'm happy with my 1500. I've really only used it to pressure was our front lanai, but it seem like it was strong enough. I opted not to pay the extra and get the next model up because I didn't think I would really use it all that much seeing as we live in a condo.
    Just use it a few time to show the "misses" that you enjoy your "Father's Day" gift. Who knows you might even find that you will begin liking it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the karcher K5.02, with 2000+ psi. Its not just the PSI that counts, its how mutch water it can put out 1.8 GPM! Water flow is important when washing cars!
    Audi Allroad Quattro
    VW Jetta 4 TDI

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one a couple of weeks ago, its still in the box.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I Have a Karscher 1750 psi and a Honda 2600 psi and I use the Karcher most times doing the cars..1500 psi is plenty of power for doing a car...its the GPM that really helps.....my Honda is 2.8GPM and Karcher is 1.97GPM....but the karcher still does fine.....The Karcher has a vario wand..make sure its on high for the rinse...thats plenty of water to rinse ....

I do not like using the Honda on cars as its a bit to powerful..I blew the mud flap off the truck once...lol...

AL

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry, just dont see where pressure is needed in detailing. Maybe underhood cleaning for cars in disarray , but forcing water into certain areas only causes trouble.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    sorry, just don't see where pressure is needed in detailing. Maybe underhood cleaning for cars in disarray , but forcing water into certain areas only causes trouble.

Under the hood and wheel wells is about it......water pressures in vulnerable places can cause havoc if your not careful......I agree with Scott.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you desire more water flow then you need to step up from electric to gas powered but remember electric are quiet compared to gas but if that doesnt bother you then go gas but remember to dial down you pressure (tip)....
    Miguel

Follow Direction, Im a "Man" I Dont Need No Stinking Directions, just follow my Gut Instincts!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was under the assumption that high pressure is more efficient if only because less water is used. The downside might be that it could propel surface contaminants into the finish if not used properly, but this largely is offset by the detergent's lubricity. Was told it is best indicated for the engine bay, wheel wells and undercarriage. Is this correct?