autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Duragloss 271 Vs 253

Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
    Good to know. I applied it to the severely faded wiper cowl and it streaked a bit. But I think the plastic was soaking it up since its so dry. I might try another coat later this afternoon. The stuff smells like something and I can't figure it out. It's bothering me lol.
    See what it looks like when it dries, may even out. I do not remember exactly (age thing) but it seemed as though I did not think I had an even coat although everything was covered ( I used a Terry cloth to apply) and I just worked it in and walked away, After it dried all was well. I only applied one coat.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Dave,
    I'm looking for something to apply to step pads on nerf bars, but haven't found anything that doesn't make the pads slick when they're wet. Since sliding my ankle in between the nerf bar and the truck body, and applying a lot of leverage as my large .... self .... falls down leads to a non-harmonious outcome ....
    Have you ever used these products on solid nerf bar pads? I mean smooth top, no serrations or ridges. If so ... slick when wet, or not?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Dave,
    I'm looking for something to apply to step pads on nerf bars, but haven't found anything that doesn't make the pads slick when they're wet. Since sliding my ankle in between the nerf bar and the truck body, and applying a lot of leverage as my large .... self .... falls down leads to a non-harmonious outcome ....
    Have you ever used these products on solid nerf bar pads? I mean smooth top, no serrations or ridges. If so ... slick when wet, or not?

Thanks for any input you can provide.
    Never used on nerf bars. By nature of the beast I would think anything you use on smooth objects will make it slippery. When I wiped the water from the pads the last few times they did not feel overly slippery with the drying towel and if using them with sneakers maybe ok but not with dress shoes with flat souls. If I was going to use one of these for your circumstance I would try the 271 as 253 with rain repel will probably add slickness. I use DG's Rain Repel on my windows and it definately leaves glass slick, I try not to use the step pads or the front bumper cover for their intended purpose as scratches and gouging can occur but in your case the nerf bars are needed and to be used. Hope I answered your question.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you did. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Put another coat on that dry, faded plastic. I'm really impressed with how it turned out. It dries without any oily, greasy feel which is nice. Dramatically darkened the plastic. I also decided to put it on the plastic mud guards behind the tires and it made them look great. I might've found a new trim dressing..

Post Thanks / Like

Put another coat on that dry, faded plastic. I'm really impressed with how it turned out. It dries without any oily, greasy feel which is nice. Dramatically darkened the plastic. I also decided to put it on the plastic mud guards behind the tires and it made them look great. I might've found a new trim dressing..
    Me to, really liking the ease and looks

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

271 is great for plastic, no doubt. 301 is excellent as well! I use both of these with great results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
    271 is great for plastic, no doubt. 301 is excellent as well! I use both of these with great results.
    I've used 301 on rubber and vinyl like it states to do on the bottle. I considered trying it on plastic. Maybe I will try that next lol. I feel like a lot of their products overlap. How's the durability of 301 on plastic? I've had great durability on rubber trim.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used 301 on rubber and vinyl like it states to do on the bottle. I considered trying it on plastic. Maybe I will try that next lol. I feel like a lot of their products overlap. How's the durability of 301 on plastic? I've had great durability on rubber trim.
    301 is my product of choice for my vinyl tonneau cover. When I dress the cover I will use it on the plastic trim. I really don't know how long it last but certainly long enough for me. It doesn't run off either. I think it is a little glossier than 271.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
    301 is my product of choice for my vinyl tonneau cover. When I dress the cover I will use it on the plastic trim. I really don't know how long it last but certainly long enough for me. It doesn't run off either. I think it is a little glossier than 271.
    I put it on my girlfriends soft top on her jeep and it was great until the first rain then it rain on the paint BAD. I applied way too much though. I'll have to give it a shot on plastic next.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12