autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

CG BlackLight on New Vehicle

I have been really impressed with all the results I've seen with chemical guys blacklight product on white/pearl vehicles and was going to give it a try on my new blizzard pearl Toyota. When looking over Mikes new vehicle detailing guide it talks about using sealants/wax for the final step. My question is should I use a wax after I use CG blacklight or just call it good and apply the detailing sealant spray?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CG BlackLight on New Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by BakerzDuzin View Post
    I have been really impressed with all the results I've seen with chemical guys blacklight product on white/pearl vehicles and was going to give it a try on my new blizzard pearl Toyota. When looking over Mikes new vehicle detailing guide it talks about using sealants/wax for the final step. My question is should I use a wax after I use CG blacklight or just call it good and apply the detailing sealant spray?
    Since BL has fillers and is considered a 'sealant' as THEY say.. i wouldnt put a sealant over it... the surface wont be very conducive to maximum adhesion as you would normally use an IPA dillution or a solution such as Eraser Pro to remove all trace residue of ANYTHING before a sealant....

You could throw a spray wax such as D156 over it.. since this has a durability of about 3 weeks it wouldnt be a huge waste if it only lasted 2

just my .02

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher.Brown View Post
    Since BL has fillers and is considered a 'sealant' as THEY say.. i wouldnt put a sealant over it... the surface wont be very conducive to maximum adhesion as you would normally use an IPA dillution or a solution such as Eraser Pro to remove all trace residue of ANYTHING before a sealant....

You could throw a spray wax such as D156 over it.. since this has a durability of about 3 weeks it wouldnt be a huge waste if it only lasted 2

just my .02
    What about the V7 that is recommended with the blacklight? Would that be considered still just a sealant with the detailer?

Would you apply the V7 and then a spray wax still?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I was planning on: claying the vehicle, applying black light, using their spray V7 and possibly waxing it if you all suggested. This what what CG recommended when I asked the same question I asked you guys on the forum. What do you all think? Overkill for a new car?

Wash (Chemical Guys CWS_402_16 - Mr. Pink Super Suds Shampoo & Superior Surface Cleaning Soap (16 oz)

Clay (Chemical Guys CLY_111 - Poly Clay Bar, Medium Duty

Polish/Compound ( Chemical Guys GAP_V38_16 - V38 Optical Grade Final Polish (16 oz)

Glaze ( Chemical Guys GAP_619_16 - Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish (16 oz)

Sealant (Chemical Guys WAC_118_16 - JetSeal 109 Sealant and Paint Protectant (16 oz)

Wax ( Chemical Guys WAC_302 - 5050 Limited Series Concours Paste Wax V2 Chrome & 2 Applicators)

Post Thanks / Like

What about the V7 that is recommended with the blacklight? Would that be considered still just a sealant with the detailer?

Would you apply the V7 and then a spray wax still?
    just finish with the V7 and yoll be good... if you apply it lightly once a week you should be all set with that combo

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher.Brown View Post
    just finish with the V7 and yoll be good... if you apply it lightly once a week you should be all set with that combo
    Thanks for the input. I thought it was way overkill too when I saw all they recommended on a new car. I guess I would see some difference, but not overall anything that noticeable compared to just doing the clay, black light and V7.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. I thought it was way overkill too when I saw all they recommended on a new car. I guess I would see some difference, but not overall anything that noticeable compared to just doing the clay, black light and V7.

well as always overkill is ok for the prep.. because its the foundation for any finish...

so im sure a light polish.. say with M205 wouldnt hurt anything

Post Thanks / Like

I on occasion apply a wax over Blacklight. Like CG 50/50 or Max Wax something like that. Just for kicks. Often, if I use blacklight I'll just do two coats and leave it alone though, really just depends.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a longer lasting sealant that would be good for Toyota Blizzard Pearl paint? My wife's Highlander sits in the sun everyday so looking for the longest lasting protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gbrittenum View Post
    Is there a longer lasting sealant that would be good for Toyota Blizzard Pearl paint? My wife's Highlander sits in the sun everyday so looking for the longest lasting protection.
    Collinite 845 is pretty damn durable and bang for your buck.. plus a bottle will last a LONG time

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast