autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Car Wash

Any one ever try this......????

No Rinse™ Wash & Shine BY OPTIMUM??

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, but probably not the way that your looking. I add almost a capfull of ONR to my wash bucket. It's suppose to act like a water softener. It does OK.
    I have used a "no rinse wash" DP 4 in 1 that is the same process as ONR and it works awesome. I do one panel at a time and wipe dry. Also, very handy to do door jambs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I have it. I've only used it a couple times so far. It's going to take some getting used to. I like the conventional way with lots of suds. A lot of people are using it and say it works great with no ill affects on the finish though. Even if I stick with a conventional wash, I'm going to use it on my convertible so that I can keep the water to a minimum to lessen the chance of rust.

Post Thanks / Like
    opps wrong thing,,, umm the no rince is a great product. I have used it aot and never had a probem. It seams to ift the dirt off the paint ith no marring or sctching. I have nevew used 4 in 1 so i cannot compare but optimum no rinse is soom good stuff
    Last edited by CalgaryDetail; 05-12-2007 at 12:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I havent used the ONR, but I am a lover of the DP 4-n-1 I was skeptical at first but some 4-n-1 with a shmitt and a grit guard is good for quick washes to get rid of pollen and light dirt. For heavy grime washes I would def. rinse first.
    Frank
    Thanks to AG I only wipe my butt with MF's now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AUdakota
    I havent used the ONR, but I am a lover of the DP 4-n-1 I was skeptical at first but some 4-n-1 with a shmitt and a grit guard is good for quick washes to get rid of pollen and light dirt. For heavy grime washes I would def. rinse first.
    Love DP 4-in-1.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum product is as good as the DP offering, but Optimum literally smells like dung !

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    The DP doesn't smell much better. I don't understand that. Both companies other products all smell great, except their rinseless washes. One of the mysteries of the universe. I use 4-in-1 by the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantim0
    The DP doesn't smell much better. I don't understand that. Both companies other products all smell great, except their rinseless washes. One of the mysteries of the universe. I use 4-in-1 by the way.
    Yeah 4 in 1 doesn't have the fruity smell or anything like that, but it doesn't smell bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantim0
    Adding scents to products can effect the way it performs, in some cases it can enhance the performance and in others it can hamper the performance. So David at Optimum does not like to add anything to his formulations that does not need to be there. In other words if it doesn't make the product work better he is not going to add it, hence the lack of a fruity-tooty smell in many of the products from Optimum. If a product has a scent then it has been found to be of benefit.

The question could also be posed...."If it has a strong scent, what are they trying to cover up?"

Anthony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast