autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to post here on AG if PL could be used on headlights but then people would start nagging at me at why did I start another thread...? Blah blah blah

So I typed in PL for headlights on Google and found this so I said ehh why not. Lol

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=82493

I then clayed a window with my speedy prep towel and applied some collinite 476s and it beaded nicely. I imagine PL would have worked too.

If in the next couple of months the headlights blow up, I will guess i did something wrong :P (kidding about the lights blowing up, have a sense of humor guys it's Friday, I'm all dressed up, showered, colognes up, ready to meet up with Family)

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna Powerlock - a little test

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    This thread put a smile on my face, because I own PL, but have only used it on headlights.

Anybody want to drive down to La, Ca so I can put some power lock on there car for free, (kidding) lol
    How's about you just driving down to Atlanta, that sounds better to me.

I've been working some with another local guy that uses PL almost exclusively. We've used it on everything from Mazda's to Lexus, to Ferrari's. I don't know that I like it better than M21 actually. (Especially as I've been polycharging M21 lately.) M21 seems to 'feel' better, although I think it may take longer to cure.

Never did to a comparison between BF WG and M21 though, although I've got all of them. Have been playing around lately with the BF and WG WOWA versions and really like them, but seriously hate all the time it takes to put them on. I'd rather just do the application with a machine and wipe it off, takes a LOT less time!!! (FWIW the guy that uses PL insists that I put it on by hand, which is a ROYAL PITA... IMHO.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    I was going to post here on AG if PL could be used on headlights but then people would start nagging at me at why did I start another thread...? Blah blah blah

So I typed in PL for headlights on Google and found this so I said ehh why not. Lol

Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant on Headlights? - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

I then clayed a window with my speedy prep towel and applied some collinite 476s and it beaded nicely. I imagine PL would have worked too.

If in the next couple of months the headlights blow up, I will guess i did something wrong :P (kidding about the lights blowing up, have a sense of humor guys it's Friday, I'm all dressed up, showered, colognes up, ready to meet up with Family)
    Hey thanx mate .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    How's about you just driving down to Atlanta, that sounds better to me.

I've been working some with another local guy that uses PL almost exclusively. We've used it on everything from Mazda's to Lexus, to Ferrari's. I don't know that I like it better than M21 actually. (Especially as I've been polycharging M21 lately.) M21 seems to 'feel' better, although I think it may take longer to cure.

Never did to a comparison between BF WG and M21 though, although I've got all of them. Have been playing around lately with the BF and WG WOWA versions and really like them, but seriously hate all the time it takes to put them on. I'd rather just do the application with a machine and wipe it off, takes a LOT less time!!! (FWIW the guy that uses PL insists that I put it on by hand, which is a ROYAL PITA... IMHO.)
    (Just saying, everybody relax!)

I am starting to think working literally by hand is the old school way. A body man/mechanic can build a car all by hand.

He doesn't however, because he has machines. Well So Do We !!!

(Just saying) lol

Post Thanks / Like

Want to remember this thread so yes i am SUBSCRIBED!! Great teating to say the least. Was on the fence about Wolfgang 3.0 or Powerlock but now i have no reservations about going with the Powerlock!! Thanks again for this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678