autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Best interior protectant to use on dash etc? Please read thanks!

Hi Guys,

what is a good product to use to protect and shine the interior? I want something free of silicone and ingredients that dry out the trim. I havent used any good high end product before more like meguirs etc. I want some good shine and UV protection something safe for the material. Thanks! and best method to apply it? Also something that lasts a long time with no need to reapply so soon. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best interior protectant to use on dash etc? Please read thanks!

There has been a long, ongoing, debate about if the UV protectants in interior dressings actually last for any substantial amount of time, and if they are doing the protecting of the interior, or if the UV blockers in modern auto glass are what protects the dash.

That all said, Ultima Interior Guard is my go to. It can be applied to plastic, leather, vinyl etc. and lasts for a long time before you need to reapply it. It doesn't have tones of shine/gloss, but it adds to the natural shine of the interior panels.

If you are looking for a lot of shine, you might try DP Interior Protectant. It applies very easily, and doesn't leave a greasy feeling, but does add some gloss.

Hope that helps!

Post Thanks / Like

I got some of the BF Interior proctentant when it was on BOGO a few weeks back. It worked very well for me. Gave a nice satin look to my dash and was not greasy at all. Seems to be doing its job so far.
    Waxin' Willys Detailing
    Like us on Facebook!

Post Thanks / Like
    PERL works great

Post Thanks / Like

I use CarPro PERL on my interior plastics and the trim, it is water based so you can dilute it with water depending of the level of shine you want. I use it 1:3 but you can even use it 1:5 which makes it a good bang for the buck.

Post Thanks / Like

Another PERL user. I like its versatility, but don't like that it doesn't last long. I use it diluted 1:3 and like that it darkens my fading dash, even if it's only for a month.

Edit: I used UTTG for the dash one time. It lasted a long while, 6+ months, gave it a great shine, but was unaware that it contained Petroleum Distillates (pd). It can be hazardous in large enough quantities, although I've read UTTG uses synthetic pd which are safer. I should contact the maker directly for confirmation.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wgilles View Post
    I got some of the BF Interior proctentant when it was on BOGO a few weeks back. It worked very well for me. Gave a nice satin look to my dash and was not greasy at all. Seems to be doing its job so far.
    x2. I like the matte/satin look, and dries to the touch.
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbull2984 View Post
    x2. I like the matte/satin look, and dries to the touch.
    x3!

Blackfire Revives a Japanese Sports Sedan, Part 1

After vacuuming the interior and giving it a much-needed cleaning with Blackfire Interior Cleaner, I applied Blackfire Interior Protectant to every plastic, leather, rubber and vinyl surface except the seats, only because I would be later conditioning them with Blackfire Leather Conditioner. Blackfire Interior Protectant is a water-based UV protectant that's boosted by the famed Polycharger additive to provide maximum durability. Blackfire Interior Protectant leaves a natural, satin finish that dries to the touch.

Whenever I'm applying an interior protectant, I always use an applicator. I never spray a protectant directly on the surface because that causes the possibility of over spray on unwanted surfaces. You can either use poly foam or microfiber applicator to spread the protectant. I personally prefer microfiber as I find it easier to apply a more consistent amount of protecant on the desired surface.

Post Thanks / Like

lots of great suggestions but my go to is Optimum Protectant Plus. Gives that nice new look.

Now some of the guys here will say it can get a little messy spraying it (because it's a little thick) but I've moved mine to a sqeeze bottle and I"ve found it much more controllable that way and using less product.
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried DP Interior Protectant and 303 Aerospace, and 1ZEinzett Cockpit Premium, and I like 1ZEinzett the best.

All give a similar look matte, but I prefer the smell of 1ZEinzett the best, and it has some cleaning ability as well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast