autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanoskin Products

Anyone have any experience using these products? From the demos I've seen they look to be a good alternative to clay for pre-cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanoskin Products

I've seen before and after of one guy's review and he said he saw a lot of marring.

Another alternative is detailer's speedy surface prep towel which in a review I read said that it caused absolutely no marring.

I'm not sure if Autogeek supports the detailer's speedy surface prep towel, so I'm not posting links.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    I've seen before and after of one guy's review and he said he saw a lot of marring.

Another alternative is detailer's speedy surface prep towel which in a review I read said that it caused absolutely no marring.

I'm not sure if Autogeek supports the detailer's speedy surface prep towel, so I'm not posting links.
    Detailer’s Speedy Surface Prep Towel Combo
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very interested too. I've read that if used correctly, it should leave little to no marring. Suppose to break it in on the windshield.
    My name is Ted and I'm a Auto Geek!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to test the Nanoskin Autoscrub out and I didn't experience marring, but I only did a small test spot. Paint came out smooth and clean. All you have to do is rinse it clean. Def. allot easier to use then clay, but not sure if I would stop buying clay. Probably have some around just in case the Autoscrub was marring a soft clear.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one and it works great. Just keep some clay on hand for tight places like between a roof rack.

Post Thanks / Like

Although I have not used any of the Nanoskin products, I have seen the pads in person. With clay, a piece of dirt will get embedded in the clay. With the Nanoskin the grit has nowhere to hide, it just sits on the pad and grinds away at your paint. No thanks, I'll stick with clay.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    At some point during the claying process before you fold it its doing the same thing. Basically same process, when you fold the clay, you would rinse the autoscrub pad, which is what i did and had absolutely no issue whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by volfever View Post
    At some point during the claying process before you fold it its doing the same thing. Basically same process, when you fold the clay, you would rinse the autoscrub pad, which is what i did and had absolutely no issue whatsoever.
    I understand what you are saying, but if you should pick up a piece of grit at the start with the Nanoskin, you would be grinding the grit into your paint until you wash it out. It has nowhere to hide. With clay, the grit would get embedded into the clay and the marring will be minimal if any. It's like using a water blade to dry your car. If the paint is super clean there is no problem, but if a piece of grit gets trapped between the blade and the paint, break out the buffer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by volfever View Post
    Sounds very sensible to me!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast