autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The most over-rated products?

Quote Originally Posted by CM8 6MT View Post
    Zaino <-- Ridiculously over rated.
    I hear this over and over again, I've also heard its just over priced duragloss

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
    I hear this over and over again, I've also heard its just over priced duragloss
    I noticed you had CG Blacklight and V7 in your fridge. How do you rate that Combo?

Post Thanks / Like

I love both products, but not as a stand alone combo, however this summer I'll test just the combo alone

I love black light for some applications, I find it especially useful on wheels for car shows, as its hard to get swirl free wheels etc, if I am not applying a fresh wax of layer after a wash, I'll always apply a layer of V7
    I usually use V7 as my car show topping / touch up product
    this review is a bit dated but a lot of good info was posted in this review
    SON1C Synopsis 3 - Chemical Guys - Blacklight and V7 ( a double feature! )

Post Thanks / Like
    which degreaser is their heavy duty? is it the grime reaper? ( they ahve so many damn products / names lol )s
    It's called "heavy dirt degreaser" it is orange.
    I sprayed in the wheel well of my hummer and it didn't work like they state. I sprayed grime reaper and it really surprised me on the strength. I diluted it and it still worked better than the HDG

Thanks for the ghost wax info !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for you for your quick reply. I going to add them to my order in the morning. I always enjoy your posts....Thanks Again Son1c

Post Thanks / Like

dodo juice supernatural is definitely over rated, I didn't see much for looks, beading was normal, nothing spectacular, sheeting was good, nothing incredible, for the $130 price tag yeah right, worth 50-70 imo very disappointed with that one, and it won't be added to my dodo collection any time soon lol, if ever, I also hear reports of it "ghosting" nothing drives me crazier than waxes that do this
    From everything I've read, Supernatural is made to provide as clear an optical layer as possible, to let the shine of perfectly polished paint show through. It won't darken or change the look of your paint - so if you were expecting that out of the product, it will most likely disappoint.
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

ghosting (iirc the right term for this ) is when you apply a wax ( supernatural ) etc etc follow directions for example let haze and buff off, you examine the car great success all of the excess wax has been removed and you have a freshly waxed vehicle....... and then later blotches appear that clearly look like hazed wax you completely missed buffing off

it can happen hours later, days later, even weeks later, and depending on the wax can be terribly hard to remove, I once applied petes too heavy and it ghosted for weeks, and the reappeared wax was like concrete, I had to clay it off..

so basically ghosting is after completely buffing off the freshly applied wax, it later (hours, days, even weeks) reappears like it was never buffed in places, this can also be triggered my moisture interaction as well .. so its kind of like a ghost, the wax is reappearing, and usually no one ever likes to see ghosts! lol

I'm not sure on the whole science behind it, but if a wax is ghosting I don't want it, imagine you completed a customers car and a day later wax reappears, an embarrassing situation where it looks as if you completely missed usually decent sized blatant spots
    It's more commonly referred to as carnauba sweating Usually happens with waxes having a high carnuaba content (I've read about it happening with Zymol Vintage too), too thick an application, and/or buffing off residue before the product is fully dried - this leaves ungassed solvents under the dried layer on top, which then leave a haze once they do gas off.
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post
    From everything I've read, Supernatural is made to provide as clear an optical layer as possible, to let the shine of perfectly polished paint show through. It won't darken or change the look of your paint - so if you were expecting that out of the product, it will most likely disappoint.
    My observation is that it has a very clear look with a slightly warm glow, and adds just a little bit of depth. That's how it looks on my single stage beige urethane. It doesn't change the appearance as dramatically as a color charged wax or Souveran, for example.

Post Thanks / Like

Idk why I would pay 130 for an optical layer when XXX is twenty and will provide me that lol, at 130 a wax needs to bring something impressive to the table

Post Thanks / Like

Idk why I would pay 130 for an optical layer when XXX is twenty and will provide me that lol, at 130 a wax needs to bring something impressive to the table
    I have never used XXX, so I don't know how they compare.

Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast