autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dodo Juice product line questions

I want to try the Dodo Juice products, but they have so many of them where do you start? I have the Zaino on my truck now, but I plan to strip it cause I want to see what the truck will look like with a good Carnuba on it, there's nothing wrong with what I have just want to see the difference, if I don't like it the Zaino will go back on and then I can try something else later on. So which cleaners, waxes ect ect?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dodo Juice product line questions

So the search function does wonders lol...

But I am curious if I wanted to can I put Carnuba over a sealant like Zaino or a similar product and would it make any difference or is that just a waste of time?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by megacabcummins View Post
    So the search function does wonders lol...

But I am curious if I wanted to can I put Carnuba over a sealant like Zaino or a similar product and would it make any difference or is that just a waste of time?
    Absolutely. That is my normal process. Sealant for protection, wax for look and the joy or application.

Post Thanks / Like

OK cool.... Then once I get something other than rain it's time to strip the truck down to bare paint and get to work... Thank You

Post Thanks / Like

First off, the color of the wax doesn't make a significant difference if you are sticking to 1-3 layers. Some people are adamant in putting a dark-colored wax on dark-colors cars, light wax on light-colored... etc.... Dodo's forum has posts indicating this is not necessary. However, the scents from the various waxes range from very good to awesome; making it a pleasure to wax by hand (fingers actually). If you are going to use a polisher then you may want to consider larger pots or a wax stick (which I don't think AG sells).

If you want a Dodo 'nuba look then (2) 30 ml. pots would be where you should think to start off.

General Approach

Layer 0 - Prep as you deem necessary
    Layer 1 - Dodo Juice hard wax
    Layer 2 - Dodo Juice soft wax (soft always on top of hard)

Layer 1 can be replaced with Supernatural or Supernatural Hybrid. Both have a higher concentration of 'nuba. This variation will be a little more expensive than the hard/soft combination.

If you only want to try 1 pot then go with the soft wax and be sure you have a good sealant on the car.

My typical approach is 1 layer of hard and then 1 layer of soft. When I want to go a little over-the-top I apply 2 layers of hard and 1 soft. I do this all by hand (fingers) and I get a great workout. My grip strength has increased significantly in the last year. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

After meeting Pj from Dodo, I can tell you there is a little bit of him in every product (not literally). He is passionate about the waxes and they make great products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    First off, the color of the wax doesn't make a significant difference if you are sticking to 1-3 layers. Some people are adamant in putting a dark-colored wax on dark-colors cars, light wax on light-colored... etc.... Dodo's forum has posts indicating this is not necessary. However, the scents from the various waxes range from very good to awesome; making it a pleasure to wax by hand (fingers actually). If you are going to use a polisher then you may want to consider larger pots or a wax stick (which I don't think AG sells).

If you want a Dodo 'nuba look then (2) 30 ml. pots would be where you should think to start off.

General Approach

Layer 0 - Prep as you deem necessary
    Layer 1 - Dodo Juice hard wax
    Layer 2 - Dodo Juice soft wax (soft always on top of hard)

Layer 1 can be replaced with Supernatural or Supernatural Hybrid. Both have a higher concentration of 'nuba. This variation will be a little more expensive than the hard/soft combination.

If you only want to try 1 pot then go with the soft wax and be sure you have a good sealant on the car.

My typical approach is 1 layer of hard and then 1 layer of soft. When I want to go a little over-the-top I apply 2 layers of hard and 1 soft. I do this all by hand (fingers) and I get a great workout. My grip strength has increased significantly in the last year. :-)
    Thank You that helps a lot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by megacabcummins View Post
    I want to try the Dodo Juice products, but they have so many of them where do you start? I have the Zaino on my truck now, but I plan to strip it cause I want to see what the truck will look like with a good Carnuba on it, there's nothing wrong with what I have just want to see the difference, if I don't like it the Zaino will go back on and then I can try something else later on. So which cleaners, waxes ect ect?
    For a pure wax treatment:

Wash, Clay...yada yada
    Dodo Lime Prime or Lime Prime Lite
    Dodo Supernatural

If your just trying it, get a panel pot. In my experience the wax spreads so much better after using Lime Prime or Lime Prime Lite.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one panel pot of Purple Haze Pro. I don't really like the panel pot size to be honest. I guess it is nice for trying and testing before you buy the full size. But in my opinion it is really just a P.I.T.A. To use out of such a small container.

Post Thanks / Like

The Supernatural finger mitts work really well with the panel pots - just a bit expensive though.
    Francis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast