autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Americal Detail Order

Hey guys

Being from Australia it becomes very hard to find quality detailing items here and what you can find always has an obscene price markup which is not unlike everything else here. 1.50per litre Fuel / $4 600ml bottle of coke etc etc

Thus myself and quite a few other do regular orders of various items from America. Up untill now I havent really done any O/S detailing orders. So I thought I would put it out there for you guys to say where you would suggest are the cheapest places to buy from over there.

1) Also any feedback on the below order from America would be great (some of this gear you dont find over here in Australia or very rarely)
    • P21S 100% Carnauba Wax $54.99
    • World Natty’s Paste Wax – BLUE $19.99
    • Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze 16.9 oz. $19.99
    • Cobra Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towel $9.99
    • Cobra Super Soft Deluxe Microfiber Towels with Rolled Edges, 6 Pack $17.99
    • Cobra Supreme 530 Microfiber Towel Trio $29.99
    • Cobra Microfiber All Purpose & Wheel Detailing Towel $5.99
    • Aquapel Glass Treatment & Rain Repellent $7.99
    • Cobra Super Plush Deluxe Microfiber Kit $24.99
    • Meguiars NXT All Metal Polysh $8.99
    • Laitner Grip-It Vent & Dash Duster $2.99
    • Lake Country Flat 6.5" Foam Pads Buy One, Get One Free!
    • Pad 1 : Yellow
    • Pad 2 : Orange
    • Pad 3 : White
    • Pad 4 : Light Green
    • Pad 5 : Green
    • Pad 6 : Red
    • Pad 7 : Blue
    • Pad 8 : Grey
      $40
    • Rotary 4 ¾ inch Flexible Backing Plate $16.99
    • Meguiars WWHC7 Solo Wool Heavy Cutting Pad 7 inch $12.99
    • Klasse ALL-IN-ONE Polish 10 oz. $14.99
    • Meguiars Mirror Glaze #205 Ultra Finishing Polish 32 oz. $27.99
    • Meguiars Mirror Glaze #105 Ultra-Cut Compound 32 oz. New D.A. Version $25.99
    • Mothers Ultra-Soft Microfiber Applicator Pads $2.99
    • Meguiars Unigrit Professional Hand Pad $13.99
    • CarPro Ceriglass Glass Polish 500 ml. $17.99 1
    • Griots Garage 6 Inch Glass Polishing Pads, Set of 3 $14.99
    • Lake Country Wool Pad Spur $7.99
    • German Upholstery Brush & Squeegee $12.99

2) Also looking for opinions on the Flex XC3401 VRG Dual Action Machine Polisher.

I have 2 Makita 9227CB Rotary units and a chinese knock off of the same machine as a backup and have many years experience with them.
    But have never really had any exposure to DA,s apart from as Air Sanders in 3 and 6". I thought I could perhaps be finishing better by doing my final polishing steps with some thing like the flex unit.
    Benifit or not really ? Elaborate/explain etc

3) We also use a LOT of Compressed air over here and the humble blow gun gets used a LOT. How ever I have noticed you guys have a lot of "Super high flow" varieties over here with a 1/4 inch inlet (couldnt be stuffed changing everything to 3/8 fittings)
    Have Narrowed these down to the following all can be had for around $20 us
    GUARDAIR XTRA THRUST
    ACME AUTOMOTIVE Typhoon Pro
    Legacy Cyclone F3 Extreme Flo High Flow Tip

Hope to get some feed back from you guys especially from others who do this for a living.

Thanks for your imput!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Americal Detail Order

Hello, My wife's family is from Australia and her Uncles moved back from the USA to there and absoluetly love it.

As far as your products go, the best pricing your going to get is through Autogeek. If you find it somewhere else cheaper, submit that site to AG and they will match/beat it. They have amazing pricing and the customer service is the primary reason I chose to do business with them. They have always taken care of me and any issues I have had (which has always been caused by UPS might I add, never AG)

As far as product selection goes, seems like a good deal. Im not a fan of the Aquapel but thats just me. Some people on here like it, but we used to sell it at my shop and I felt it never really applied well or worked great.

M105/205 are my go to products so your set there. I don't use Klasse or Nattys so I can't comment on those other than people have had a difficult time with applying the Klase.

Metal polish Ive liked the Optimum Metal polish the best so far. I've used a bunch of different brands and have been using OMP for a while now. Decent cut and great shine.

I don't like the CarPro Glass polish, it was a pain to work with and didn't produce better results than compound/polishes I've used before. Granted some people like it but I don't.

I love my flex. I have the rotory (PE14) and absolutley SWEAR by it. I also use my DeWalt sometimes but compared to the Flex, there is no comparrision. As for the Flex 3401, I have it as well and I use it all the time. I find it corrects well/quickly and fits well in my hands. Some people don't like the forced rotating especially when using MF Pads, they like the Porter Cable. I would look into that one (the PorterCable) as well but I don't know if they make a Austrailan version for your power source. I know Flex does. Bottom line, I like my 3401 and would buy it again but it does take some getting use to.

Finally as far as the air gun goes, I think I have the ACME Typhoon. If not its one that's identical. I totally love it and the power is outstanding. The only drawback to it is it sucks a LOT of air. If you have a shop compressor/large supply of air then no problem but if its a small one your SOL.

Hope this helps, sorry it was so long
    -DJ

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Americal Detail Order

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile detail View Post
    Hello, My wife's family is from Australia and her Uncles moved back from the USA to there and absoluetly love it.
    Definately plenty to see and do over here thats for sure and the lifestyle is awesome. Once you step away from the major areas and get to know some of the country people you really get what Australia is about. I am just dying to get over to the USA but dont think I could visit for just a couple of weeks I would love to spend at least a few months there. Who knows maybe a working holiday some time in the future.

As far as your products go, the best pricing your going to get is through Autogeek. If you find it somewhere else cheaper, submit that site to AG and they will match/beat it. They have amazing pricing and the customer service is the primary reason I chose to do business with them. They have always taken care of me and any issues I have had (which has always been caused by UPS might I add, never AG)

Yeah kinda figured it was hence me ending up here posting.

As far as product selection goes, seems like a good deal. Im not a fan of the Aquapel but thats just me. Some people on here like it, but we used to sell it at my shop and I felt it never really applied well or worked great.
    I've used RainX before to get the glass to bead up, however that stuff is a PITA to remove at times and wears off very quickly.

M105/205 are my go to products so your set there.
    Had heard these are good and wanted to try them out on the rotary. I currently use 3m extra cut / rubbing compound / Machine polish / Untrafine whilst I get great results from it I thought I would look around a bit also.
    Also wanted to look at the HD UNO/POXY/Nitro Seal

Metal polish Ive liked the Optimum Metal polish the best so far. I've used a bunch of different brands and have been using OMP for a while now. Decent cut and great shine.
    Wanted to try the Meg nxt metal polish but refused to pay what it sells for over here but for $9 us if its crap Ill bin it with out a second thought lol. I mostly use Josco polishing bars and wheels for my metal polishing needs but keep some actual liquid/paste polish for hand work.

I don't like the CarPro Glass polish, it was a pain to work with and didn't produce better results than compound/polishes I've used before. Granted some people like it but I don't.
    Did you use glass cutting pads ? What do you find effective for Glass work?
    Have been looking high and low for some thing that actually works.

Finally as far as the air gun goes, I think I have the ACME Typhoon. If not its one that's identical. I totally love it and the power is outstanding. The only drawback to it is it sucks a LOT of air. If you have a shop compressor/large supply of air then no problem but if its a small one your SOL.
    I run off a MASSIVE Shop compressor so running out of air wont happen. In the wash bay I have a 3/8 air line with a ball valve for drying needs.
    I have been using a generic blow gun we chucked in a bench drill and bored out has double what it started with but reckon one of these 3 bad boys should have a bit more oooomph think the Guardair one was about 54cfm and 3.2lbs of thrust the others were around 30cfm/2.2lbs and generics 10cfm/???

Hope this helps, sorry it was so long
    -DJ
    Thanks for the reply I appreciate your opinions