autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire WD + Fuzion = Polymer Overkill??

I understand the basics of polymer products. What I don't know is if it redundant putting one polymer product on top of another. Is the molecular action still possible if one layer of polymer is already covering the paint? My guess was redundant, but then I had seen people posting that they like to layer their seals.

I'm currently using BF Wet Diamond as my LSP, pretty much ignoring the wax market. I am going to break down and order some wax soon though and have been eyeing up WG's Fuzion. I'd like to try it, but I'm not going to give up my BFWD. Whatever I get would have to be used in conjunction with my BF, and yes, I have also been looking at their wax (Midnight Sun?)as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire WD + Fuzion = Polymer Overkill??

I'd go with the Midnight Sun, I have never used it but the BFWD MS combo gets rave reviews! I don't think it's overkill if that's the look you want and you like to bring out the best in your car.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post
    I'd go with the Midnight Sun, I have never used it but the BFWD MS combo gets rave reviews! I don't think it's overkill if that's the look you want and you like to bring out the best in your car.
    I should have mentioned the alternative. While the look might be nice, the price in polymer waxes probably isn't worth it if the polymers aren't being put to use. If that is the case I was leaning more towards just topping with something more basic like a Collinite 845.

I know the Fire and Ice practice with Blackfire gets a lot of praise, but if the polymers aren't being used, I'm not spending the $$.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by courtdale View Post
    I should have mentioned the alternative. While the look might be nice, the price in polymer waxes probably isn't worth it if the polymers aren't being put to use. If that is the case I was leaning more towards just topping with something more basic like a Collinite 845.

I know the Fire and Ice practice with Blackfire gets a lot of praise, but if the polymers aren't being used, I'm not spending the $$.
    My thought would be that the polymers are being used as long as you allow the first coat of sealant to completely cure before the second coat of the hybrid. A very reasonably priced hybrid is DP Max Wax. I don't think is as durable as some of the other high end HB waxes but it's really nice to use and leaves an awesome deep wet look.
    I think the key to get the full durability of any polymer layering is to be sure of the complete cure of one coat before topping with another. I'm no chemist so take it for what it's worth.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

While the more expensive polymers work well and look great, 845 is the go to for many people because it does look good and has longevity. Applying them on top of each other wouldn't/shouldn't cause issues. I usually put a coat or two of Menzerna Powerlock sealant on then a coat of wax whether it be 845, 915, or Pinnacle's liquid souveran.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

quick question, hope its not too of topic... is blackfire really hard to apply by hand? Anyone have any experience with it and any good results? Or are most of you doing it by machine?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adamfox View Post
    quick question, hope its not too of topic... is blackfire really hard to apply by hand? Anyone have any experience with it and any good results? Or are most of you doing it by machine?
    If you're asking about Wet Diamond, I've done both. Machine and hand are equally easy to apply and remove. Loved the results both times. If you were talking about the wax, not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adamfox View Post
    I applied BFWD by hand this weekend and it can be done. The biggest problem I had was applying it in a thin layer. Next time I will use a black pad & the PC for application.

Post Thanks / Like

Overkill is a relative term. Many including myself have layered Fuzion over BFWD with good success. Some have even gones as fars a two coats of Fuzion.

Whatever floats your boat and gives you that warm fuzzy feeling is what you should do. Not being a chemist I cannot tell you how the molecular bonds will interact with each product. However, I've been absolutely blown away at what BFWD, WGPS, or Collinite 845 has done as a LSP with no toppers!

I understand the basics of polymer products. What I don't know is if it redundant putting one polymer product on top of another. Is the molecular action still possible if one layer of polymer is already covering the paint? My guess was redundant, but then I had seen people posting that they like to layer their seals.

I'm currently using BF Wet Diamond as my LSP, pretty much ignoring the wax market. I am going to break down and order some wax soon though and have been eyeing up WG's Fuzion. I'd like to try it, but I'm not going to give up my BFWD. Whatever I get would have to be used in conjunction with my BF, and yes, I have also been looking at their wax (Midnight Sun?)as well.
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Post Thanks / Like

Adding a carnauba or a carnauba+ to BFWD adds to the depth and slicknness of the product. I've used Collinite 845 and Midnight Sun. They both work well. I've applied BFWD by hand and with a Flex. I can't tell the difference in appearance between the two.
    Best Regards,
    Scott Muscle Car Detailing - Mod and Shine
    Detailing supplies aren't cheap, but they're a lot cheaper then therapy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast