autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what quick detailer should I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
    Actually after seeing the price on a large quantity of the Pinnacle, I just changed my mind lol. Bonus to the UWW is I won't have to buy another product when I run out of the bodywork shampoo that also came in the kit with my SS II wax.

edit: oops for some reason I thought I saw directions to use Ultima as a regular wash too, though I suppose there's nothing wrong with using the WW ratio and rinsing?
    It is a great No Rinse too. Buy a bottle of their car wash too!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I got bored and tried to tally up votes for everything since there were so many responses lol. I'm only including results for things with more than one vote. Still not totally sure what I'm going with but the $$$ will probably play into it.

Code:
    Opt QD	ONR	Ultima	FK	GG	Megs of some kind
     5	 2	  7	9	5	   5

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: what quick detailer should I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCougarGuy View Post
    Griot's Speed Shine is my favorite QD. I buy the refill kit for 35 bucks which is a 35oz bottle and sprayer plus a gallon refill.

Griot's Garage Speed Shine Refills, Speed Shine quick detailer, Griot's Speed Shine Spray

I'm with you Cougar Guy! I also love the Meguairs Ultimate Detail Spray but after trying the Griot's Garage Speed Shine it has become my favorite now. I just ordered a gallon refill plus another 35 oz. bottle and sprayer.

I'm becoming a big fan of Griot's Garage products, especially their Paint Sealant. I just detailed my wife's 2008 Mercury Mariner and my 2002 Ford Mustang with the Paint Sealant and the results are spectacular! I also used Griot's Garage Engine Cleaner and Engine Dressing to detail the engine bay which was loaded with dirt and grime. Looks brand new now.

Midnight Blue
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails what quick detailer should I buy?-image051-jpg   what quick detailer should I buy?-image055-jpg   what quick detailer should I buy?-image072-jpg   what quick detailer should I buy?-image074-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

FK 425, Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer, or CK Quick Shine.

Has anyone tried anything else that gives a better gloss on black (besides products that are not true QD's like a spay wax)?

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so I finally ordered this afternoon. I ended up with a small bottle (32oz) of ONR and a spray bottle to try that out since it covers rinseless, QD, clay lube, etc. I also picked up the OID to try out their straight up QD product. Just the $10 pre-mixed bottle. Thanks to everyone who replied. I'll be keeping this thread in mind as I try the products and decide whether I should try any of the others too

Post Thanks / Like

How is that prima QD?

Post Thanks / Like

So I got my Optimum stuff in last week and finally got a chance to give it a shot this Monday. Definitely happy with my purchase. I tried out the ONR as an actual NR wash first. I was nervous about it, but it worked really well. Did a wipedown after with the OID and wow that is a SLICK finish. Tested the ONR QD dilution last night to get the work parking lot dust off and again happy with that as well.

The final test came on the gf's car that had remnants of a bird bomb on it. The ONR at QD ratio took it off in two passes. I'd previously been using 3-5 passes of some leftover Mother's QD that I'd been using for clay lube to get that kind of stuff off of her car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Based on what you have described, you really have several options to consider.

If you plan on wiping the car down daily you can go with a good QD, Waterless Wash, or for a bit more effort, a Rinseless Wash. The latter will obviously require more prep, and time.

If its just daily dust and the car doesn't get too bad, then you should go with either a QD or a Waterless Wash product.

My recommendations for the following products are as follows: (Cost and Proven Performance were the major considerations in choosing each.)

Quick Detailer:
    Meguiar's Last Touch

Waterless Wash:
    Optimum Opti-Clean Concentrate

Rinseless Wash:
    Optimum No-Rinse (ONR)
    DP's Rinseless Wash & Gloss

Whichever you choose, I doubt you'll be disappointed in either of the above choices. You should also consider a spray wax to be used while you dry your vehicle during a regular wash . Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax is a great option for this. You can also get a gallon version of it from their Detailer Line. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSMet View Post
    A question to anyone with knowledge of Malco's Showroom Shine. Has anyone used it? Is it a good product? A friend gave me a gallon and I haven't tried it yet.
    I have some that I use to spruce up in between waxings using their Imperial Paste Wax (carnauba). It seems to do a good job in combination with that wax...I have to use it inside, though, or it will streak. I've not found anything yet that is both good with the carnauba as well as able to use in sunlight. I'm sure there are better QDs out there...and I'm here to find out!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456