autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Klasse AIO,Klasse sealant then collinite 845?

Yup, another boat question. I'm detailing my boat before summer starts here in norther Wisconsin. Last night I compounded the whole thing to remove any oxidation and junk in the finish. Tonight after work I'm planning on using Klasse AIO with a HT tangerine pad then topping it with Klasse sealant applied by hand as instructed by the Klasse application guide. Tomorrow night another coat of the sealant by hand. Friday I was thinking about using Collinite 845 over the whole boat just for added shine and protection.
    Should I apply the collinite by hand as well so I dont damage the klasse sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Klasse AIO,Klasse sealant then collinite 845?

Quote Originally Posted by dietdewboy View Post
    Yup, another boat question. I'm detailing my boat before summer starts here in norther Wisconsin. Last night I compounded the whole thing to remove any oxidation and junk in the finish. Tonight after work I'm planning on using Klasse AIO with a HT tangerine pad then topping it with Klasse sealant applied by hand as instructed by the Klasse application guide. Tomorrow night another coat of the sealant by hand. Friday I was thinking about using Collinite 845 over the whole boat just for added shine and protection.
    Should I apply the collinite by hand as well so I dont damage the klasse sealant?
    Give the sealant 12 hours to cure and have fun waxing with Collinite 845!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

You can apply 845 by DA with red pad (no cut). This will provide a thin even coat.
    You may want to try Duragloss 501/601 instead of Klasse at some time.
    Doug
    2008 Audi A6 S-line

Post Thanks / Like

if the klasse sealant glaze has time to cure, I don't see how 845 would possibly remove any of it (i'd use a red pad as mentioned above)

it's been said a thousand times and I'll say it also cuz i've learned the hard way - apply KSG very thin. I mean THIN. Its a bear to remove if laid on too heavy.

BTW this is the combo on my daily driver right now. KAIO => KSG => 845

Post Thanks / Like

i dont think 845 has any cleaners in it so it should not remove the sealant. I think KAIO, KSG, 845 is a great combo for daily drives that are subject to the elements 24/7

Post Thanks / Like

Up date, So far so good, Compounding is done, Klasse AIO is done and the first coat of sealant is on. Tonight after work I will put the second coat of sealant on.

What I've learned,
    1- I was gun shy of the sealant and dont think I put enough on for the first coat, temps where in the high 50's and I never really did see it haze up.
    2- I wish I would have used a polish for gel-coat between the compounding and the Klasse AIO. The compound I used said it isn't necessary but I think I would have had better results getting out the swirl marks, this AIO isn't very aggressive.
    3- I have a whole new respect to all you Pro's out there, my arms are killing me from hanging on to the GG polisher 2 nights in a row! I though roofing was tiring! I've been a licensed contractor for over 20 years and thought I was in pretty good shape.. well surprise surprise!! I beat this morning...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dietdewboy View Post
    What I've learned,
    1- I was gun shy of the sealant and don't think I put enough on for the first coat, temps where in the high 50's and I never really did see it haze up.
    2- this AIO isn't very aggressive.
    1- Well, you didn't come back complaining that it was hard to buff off, so... You probably got it right. A nice thin coat of Klasse SG won't haze over totally white, which makes it tough to see that you got even coverage. So that's where two coats comes in, to ensure full and even coverage.

2- Klasse AIO does not contain abrasives and is not intended to correct swirls. As you said, a polish for Gel coats would have been the answer. Enjoy a shiny boat this season and do some swirl correction and re-seal/wax in the off season for next year.

Post Thanks / Like

The end results, not bad for a 1996! I cant wait to try this combo out on my Tundra.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Klasse AIO,Klasse sealant then collinite 845?-boat-017-1-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Your boat looks great...The same combo will have your Tundra looking that nice
    too!!!
    My name is Jeff and I like to make things SHINE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great. I wouldn't think the Klasse sealant is a necessary step in this case. IMO, it would be a waste of time if topping with 845 anyway. I 2nd the DG 501 suggestion -- as it's a Marine product (although it's too late).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast