autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I need help!

Post Thanks / Like

I need help!

Hey guyz. I'm knew to this forum and I have a lot of questions. First I'd like to say I ahve learned a lot from all of your posts, thank you. I have been detailing cars ever since I could drive. I kept all my cars close to perfect and have gained a reputaion for cleanig cars. I'm actually trying to get a detailing business going called, "Excessive Detail." It wasn't till I bought my friends entire detaing setup that I found out about using a D/A and all the fine products listed at autogeek. Before I only used stuff from auto stores, I mainly stayed with meguires and they worked well, but I wasn't satisfied. Now that i have all these products I used my car to test them on. MY main concern was all the swirl mrks I had. The paint is in goood condition and very smooth, but it has a alot of swirls. So i started with a very light swirl remover and a polic=shing pad. That didn't work, so ikept moving up the line until i was using very abrassive products with cutting pads. I even truned up the D/A all the way. Still nothing, and I think I I mared the paint in a few spots. What do i do, how can i fix my #$@% up and remove the swirls ,and how exactly should I use the D/A. I drive a white 2004 Mazda 6i. I've heard mazda has bad paint, i don't knopw if that has anything do with it. Please help me.
    Ryan Reilly

Post Thanks / Like
    What the best for cleaning carpet and water spots that are very stubborrn.

Post Thanks / Like
    About the marred paint.... Take some pictures... if it's truely mared you might be S.O.L.

Never use the DA on the highest speed. Look into Advanced Swirl Remover by Pinnacle and an orange and yellow cutting pad. Start slow, 1000-2000... turn the DA up as you go. Work in small areas. Take your time. You will still have swirls but if you're patient they will have came up A LOT. I recomend a glaze... Megs show room is decent, or you can use Pinnacle paint cleansing lotion, that will dull the swirl edges making them less noticeable. Top that with a sealer, I hear wolfgangs deep gloss is nice. (I just got mine today, I'm trying it on thurday). And top that with a wax.

The only way to remove swirls for good is with a Rotary Orbital... and if you're new, you're going to want to stay away from that. because it WILL destroy a beautiful paint job.

Carpet... 303 has some great suff.
    *Signature removed by admin.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice, I don't think the mering is that bad, only I can notice it if I get very close to the paint. I tried the Pinnacle advanced swirl and cutting pads, but not hte lotion, does it really make that much of a differance? When I'm using the d/a do i buff the area until the product is completey gone or until it hazes? Can I repeat aplication of swirl remover , will that help reduce the swirls better or is only one application good? Sorry for all the question. You guyz seem to know what your doing and I have never done this before and I want to do it right.

Post Thanks / Like
    When dealing with cars, it's always important to ask. Specially if you're planing on working on someone elses car...

You can use swirl remover again. Trying moving up on an abrasive pad. Yellow maybe.
    Work in a figure 8 until the product hazes, wipe clean, and repeat. The PCL by pinnacle is really cool. I used it for the first time on my buddies Boisenberry (Purple) Probe. The paint was beat up, but the PCL really made the imperfection less noticeable. I followed with a glaze and then a wax. You could still see swirls... but nothing like before.
    *Signature removed by admin.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll have to try that. Thanks alot. I was just reading about pinnacles xmt series of products, I might try that too.I have to say if you havn't tried the klasse all in one and sealnt glaze, try them. I did a friends new car with it and it looked awesome. I heard that the longer you leave that stuff on before any exposure the better. My friend didnt drive his car till the next day and , maybe I was seeing things, but the paint actually looked better and felt smoother than before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessive Detail
    I'll have to try that. Thanks alot. I was just reading about pinnacles xmt series of products, I might try that too.I have to say if you havn't tried the klasse all in one and sealnt glaze, try them. I did a friends new car with it and it looked awesome. I heard that the longer you leave that stuff on before any exposure the better. My friend didnt drive his car till the next day and , maybe I was seeing things, but the paint actually looked better and felt smoother than before.
    That is most likely because the sealant cured. Sealant typically take anywhere from a few hours to a day the cure.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.