autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Battle of the Supercars

ok so this show is my latest guilty pleasure, I was watching the other night and the cars were all swirled up, it was two "supercars" I had not really heard of than an autogeek.com commercial came on and "light bulb" I need to be the guy that polishes out the cars before they sit out in the unforgiving sun, anyone know how to get that job? I thought it was ironic that I see the swirls in a shot as the camera pans over the car and then a commercial from autogeek comes on.
    Bo Davenport
    Evolution Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Battle of the Supercars

good luck. in photography and cinematography. its very difficult to see those defects. so long as the car is clean and has a coat of wax on it, its good enough for video.

they likely arent going to pay very much at all for you to do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should really look into watching Top Gear. The original UK version, not the new US version. I can't even watch Battle of the Supercars anymore. In 22 mins of actual show time (8 mins for ads) there is maybe 8 mins of actual footage. They just rehash what's been shown over and over. And don't get me started on how annoying Paul Tracy is. I can't even look at his face let alone listen to the drivel that spews from his mouth. He has no idea what he's talking about and everything is an attack at his man hood.

Top Gear on the other hand has hosts that know what they're talking about. Varied footage of everything from supercar reviews to car industry news to races they stage where they pit cars against various other forms of transportation. And they even manage to inject quite a bit of humor into the show.

I know your post wasn't so much about the show as how terrible the finish of the cars were. But I emplore you, check out a much better car show and don't waste another precious moment on that dreadful excuse for entertainment.
    Josh
    "Work smarter, not harder"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpingbean View Post
    I can't even watch Battle of the Supercars anymore. In 22 mins of actual show time (8 mins for ads) there is maybe 8 mins of actual footage. They just rehash what's been shown over and over. And don't get me started on how annoying Paul Tracy is. I can't even look at his face let alone listen to the drivel that spews from his mouth. He has no idea what he's talking about and everything is an attack at his man hood.

I only watch it now when they have Audis
    Doug
    2008 Audi A6 S-line

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bodavenport View Post
    ok so this show is my latest guilty pleasure, I was watching the other night and the cars were all swirled up, it was two "supercars" I had not really heard of than an autogeek.com commercial came on and "light bulb" I need to be the guy that polishes out the cars before they sit out in the unforgiving sun, anyone know how to get that job? I thought it was ironic that I see the swirls in a shot as the camera pans over the car and then a commercial from autogeek comes on.
    bob/auto concierge already beat you to it...

copy and paste the link...

http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=4698&highlight=supercars]"Battle of the supercars Ferrari/Detail