autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the best tire cleaner?

I just bought the Griots Rubber Cleaner and so far I am not impressed. I used it on my hunting truck with very dirty tires from a mix of Megs Hot Shine gel and gravel road dust.(Very nasty mix!).I sprayed a liberal amount of product on to dry tires.It cleaned some but not all of the grime from the tires even after a good scrubbing with my stiff tire brush. It performed about the same as simple green at 1:1 ratio.

I also used it on my low profile tires on my C30R Volvo with Megs Hot shine minus the gravel dust and it did not do much at all.

Now that I have said that, it may be the way I am using it. Truck: It was hot out and the cleaner tended to dry very fast forcing me to scrub quickly instead of letting it dwell and then scrubbing.

Car: tires were wet when I sprayed it on. I am a tires last guy during a wash and I tried to apply the product liberally but I think the water killed the cleaning power.

I am not ready to give up on the product yet, but I think ARO may be a better fit for me since my tires are generally cleaned last and are wet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    This is one I havent heard of. Where do you get it?
    I purchase it at 99 cents stores.

Here is a link to the product:
    LA's Totally Awesome Products - All Purpose Cleaner

Check there "Store Locator" section for more info on locations that carry it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Mejia View Post
    I purchase it at 99 cents stores.

Here is a link to the product:
    LA's Totally Awesome Products - All Purpose Cleaner

Check there "Store Locator" section for more info on locations that carry it.
    Thanks Eric. I dont recognize any of the stores. Mnot be available here in the sticks!st n
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Bleche white is great and available at Wally World, but Power Clean is hands down the best I've used. Just clean your tire with your old stuff then hit it with Power Clean to see what it left and then you'll be sold.

Post Thanks / Like

LA's Totally Awesome @ 2:1 works wonders on dirty tires. It's dirt cheap and provides great cleaning ability. I've been using this lately.
    Do you only use it on tires?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Do you only use it on tires?
    I've used it on carpets, and engines with good results, but really only dedicate it for tires. It's a good APC, and the price is right. I always felt like I was wasting my other APC's when I used them on my tires, especially since I clean and dress them weekly. This was the fix, good cleaning and low cost. If the tires are really dirty and you want to boost cleaning then use it neat. At 2:1 dilution this meets my needs.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used it on carpets, and engines with good results, but really only dedicate it for tires. It's a good APC, and the price is right. I always felt like I was wasting my other APC's when I used them on my tires, especially since I clean and dress them weekly. This was the fix, good cleaning and low cost. If the tires are really dirty and you want to boost cleaning then use it neat. At 2:1 dilution this meets my needs.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Kurt_s;360149]
    Ron, what would you use to clean, wax, seal et cetera the polished, chrome Porsche rims on a 96 turbo?
    Thanks![/QUOTE
    I just use soap and water with a Daytona and boars hair brush (just got my wheel woolies in) as my wheels are always sealed. I use a foam applicator to apply wheel waxes/sealants and wipe with a mf towel. I have tried a dozen wheel waxes and sealants on my chrome wheels and they all pretty much work. Good reviews on Gords metal polish. My wheels get sealed every month so durability is not an issue with me.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=Rsurfer;362188]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_s View Post
    Ron, what would you use to clean, wax, seal et cetera the polished, chrome Porsche rims on a 96 turbo?
    Thanks![/QUOTE
    I just use soap and water with a Daytona and boars hair brush (just got my wheel woolies in) as my wheels are always sealed. I use a foam applicator to apply wheel waxes/sealants and wipe with a mf towel. I have tried a dozen wheel waxes and sealants on my chrome wheels and they all pretty much work. Good reviews on Gords metal polish. My wheels get sealed every month so durability is not an issue with me.
    Good stuff.

However, a lot of people will seal their wheels, then use a wheel cleaner the following week that will strip the sealant.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using Griots rubber cleaner for awhile on tires but I really like how clean my ARO gets them and I think its ARO on the tires from now on when I want a real thorough cleaning.

On Sky-
    Usually I use my leftover Ultima wash dumped into my wheel bucket to clean my wheels. Every 6-8 weeks I give the wheels a cleaning with actual wheel cleaner (not that it's actually needed). I figure why not since I am resealing the wheels.

Been using UTTG around the car and I love how well it lasts on the rims. My new favorite wheel sealant.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast