autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Interior Cleaning Help

I have a few trouble spots on my door panels that just won't come clean with Megs Interior Cleaner. I have been searching the forums to see what I could find and see that the Megs APC(+) gets a lot of positive feedback. I saw the DP Interior Cleaner also mentioned a couple of times. Which would you guys recommend? The APC is less expensive, but I can get the BOGO on the DP.

Thanks

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior Cleaning Help

Never used Megs but I have used DP. The DP is great gets out all kinds of weird stains. Even used it on my carpet and it got out most of the spot. Only thing with DP is the smell. It can be a little overwhelming at times so make sure you leave the windows or doors open when you use it.
    2006 GMC Envoy xl Denali

Post Thanks / Like

The first thing I would try is some sort of foaming carpet cleaner at home as they're generally a lot quicker to get at first. If that doesn't work and you're doing it by hand, APC or APC+ would be good options that you can use everywhere. Remember that APC+ is designed to foam less than APC, but it smells like oranges so its a wash (pun intended)

Post Thanks / Like

Try a product called Folex, found in Home Depot and other stores. It is a stain remover used usually for carpet, but I have had luck using it to remove stains on plastics as well.

DP Interior will work fine, but the APC gives you more options in terms of cleaning power since you can dilute it, making it yield much more than the DP. APC at 4:1 dilution will be much stronger than the DP Interior, which would probably be closer to APC at 15:1 dilution. Plus the APC can be used for tires, engine bay, door jambs, etc. For interiors, I use APC at about 15:1 and it works fine, and will resort to spot treating with the 4:1 on hard plastics. However, I would not recommend APC on leather, including the steering wheel. It can pull the dye right out of the leather, especially cheaper leather.

DP smells much, much better than APC, though!

Local to Southeast Michigan
    Serving Nationwide

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input guys. I think I will go with the APC+ just in case the DP happens to not be strong enough. As much as I'd like to take advantage of the BOGO the APC is just way too versatile.