autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Weak at heart turn away

Ok, so I was on another one of my forums today checking in on the "detailing" section of it and this is what I find:

[IMG][/IMG]

With these quotes:

"I run my truck through the car wash at least once a week, they vacuum & de bug, then put it on a machine & the truck goes through by itself, they pull it out of the bay & do an interior wipe down, do the windows inside & out, the whole truck gets wiped down when it comes out, they have usually 9 people working on the truck all together, thats what i call a full service car wash!! i only pay $9.99 each time & the 11th time is a freebie
    Then if i do a 2nd or 3rd job within that week, i'll either run it through a self serve wash, or if only the front is bug filled, i'll just do the front in my driveway, i try not to look at my interior too hard, my hair is falling out, my cigarette ashes don't always make it to the ash tray, & there have been a coffee spill or 2.
    When i go back east & ask them where there is a full service car wash, they look at me & say, that guy over there washes your windshield after I pull it out of the machine"

I try to educate some of them, but as we all know to well sometimes we can't help those who don't wish to be helped. Makes me want to cry sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weak at heart turn away

Ahh...eww...gross...
    2009 Summit White Cobalt SS/TC SOLD
    2007 Black Cobalt LT - Daily Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt9123 View Post

Ahh...eww...gross...

What is so gross, her hair falling out, or cigarette ashes on the floor

Post Thanks / Like

And that is EXACTLY why people think that $100.00-$200.00 is too expensive for a detail. A quick wipe down is not a detail! For every person that leaves our shop exctatic to have their "new" car back we have to justify what we do for 20 potential clients. I fix what those guys do to cars, as do most people on this forum. Even a simple wash done correctly can take up to an hour. That 9.99 wash will not sit there and spray water around your tail lights untill the dirt is gone. (gravel road Chevy trucks) It wont scrub your fenderwells with a brush. Those 9 guys dont care about your car. I on the other hand do it because it's an art, and I enjoy it. Hours upon hours of my life go into your car so that its not just cleaned, its DETAILED!

Sigh

Post Thanks / Like

that was me spring of 09. Took care of the inside myself but didn't know the horror of the swirl-o-matic. I really like the bath towels she's drying with.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice bath towels! I bet you have many uses for them. I think we can all agree that this lady is a detailers worst nightmare. Waste our time and phone call. Whining how a $100 wash (which most wanna be Detailers consider a "mini-detail.") is outrageous. Our drying towels cost more than $9.99. I don't even think you can get a gas station drive through wash for less than $7. I like the "Swirl-O-Matic" comment SnowKing!
    Soakin' Joe's Detailing & Window Tinting
    Quality Drives Demand
    www.SoakinJoes.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soakin' Joe's View Post
    Nice bath towels! I bet you have many uses for them. I think we can all agree that this lady is a detailers worst nightmare. Waste our time and phone call. Whining how a $100 wash (which most wanna be Detailers consider a "mini-detail.") is outrageous. Our drying towels cost more than $9.99. I don't even think you can get a gas station drive through wash for less than $7. I like the "Swirl-O-Matic" comment SnowKing!
    You know you could also say that she would be our best opportunity too, to learn and educate in what it really takes to make a vehicle look the way it's suppose to. I'm not at the point yet where I can go up to the guy at the gas station and offer my help, but I sure want to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jayhkr View Post
    You know you could also say that she would be our best opportunity too, to learn and educate in what it really takes to make a vehicle look the way it's suppose to. I'm not at the point yet where I can go up to the guy at the gas station and offer my help, but I sure want to.
    Good luck! She may bring it to you when it is time to turn in her lease or sell, however I wouldn't waste my time or energy. She is simply not my customer. She is a car wash customer - not a detailers.
    Soakin' Joe's Detailing & Window Tinting
    Quality Drives Demand
    www.SoakinJoes.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lovin' the bath towels. She looks like the type of chick who drives around in her big ass truck acting like she owns the road. Annoying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fancyfootwork View Post
    Lovin' the bath towels. She looks like the type of chick who drives around in her big ass truck acting like she owns the road. Annoying.
    Before microfiber became all the rage in the early 2000's, 100% cotton bath towels were the recommended drying medium by detailers far and wide on Autopia and the boards around at that time.

Nothing wrong with them as long as they are quality towels. Don't knock it just because it's not what you were taught.

I bought my first microfiber towels from YoSteve (Anyone remember him?)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast