autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weak at heart turn away

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post
    Before microfiber became all the rage in the early 2000's 100% cotton bath towels were the recommended drying medium by detailers far and wide on Autopia and the boards around at that time.

Nothing wrong with them as long as they are quality towels. Don't knock it just because it's not what you were taught.
    True but that truck is at the oldest a 2005...sorry, but she is car wash material...
    Soakin' Joe's Detailing & Window Tinting
    Quality Drives Demand
    www.SoakinJoes.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soakin' Joe's View Post
    True but that truck is at the oldest a 2005...sorry, but she is car wash material...
    What does truck age have to do with it? Cotton towels are still a perfectly good alternative to microfiber, regardless of the vehicles age.

I'm not saying this women isn't just a normal "drive through car wash" type chick, I'm just saying no need to knock her for using bath towels.

Post Thanks / Like

What does truck age have to do with it? Cotton towels are still a perfectly good alternative to microfiber, regardless of the vehicles age.

I'm not saying this women isn't just a normal "drive through car wash" type chick, I'm just saying no need to knock her for using bath towels.
    I disagree. I also take that as an insult to my judgment, experience and my decisions I make for my business to use only the best products available. Your comment basically is saying that me along with almost every true professional detailer out there that we have been wasting our money.
    Quality Drives Demand
    www.SoakinJoes.com

Post Thanks / Like

I disagree. I also take that as an insult to my judgment, experience and my decisions I make for my business to use only the best products available. Your comment basically is saying that me along with almost every true professional detailer out there that we have been wasting our money.
    I didn't say that at all, in fact a microfiber drying towel is considerably cheaper than a high quality USA Made 100% cotton bath towel. I'm not talking about the "100% cotton" you get at Target either.

I'm merely saying that before there was microfiber there were other quality materials to dry your car with and a bath towel happened to be one of them. But I can see you are new here, how about relaxing and realizing different strokes for different folks get the same job done?

site:autopia.org fieldcrest - Google Search

10 pages of fieldcrest towel talk on Autopia alone. And that's just ONE brand. Granted all that discussion tapered off when Microfiber became all the rage.

Here's discussion on it at AGO:
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...detailing.html
    Last edited by Mindflux; 07-13-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have approx 24 of the 100% cotton towels I purchased from Meguiars many years ago. I still use them too, but mostly for wiping down the interior.

Post Thanks / Like

Really reading into his comment a bit much I'd say
    Shawn
    Houston Area Mobile Detailing
    www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't say that at all, in fact a microfiber drying towel is considerably cheaper than a high quality USA Made 100% cotton bath towel. I'm not talking about the "100% cotton" you get at Target either.

I'm merely saying that before there was microfiber there were other quality materials to dry your car with and a bath towel happened to be one of them. But I can see you are new here, how about relaxing and realizing different strokes for different folks get the same job done?
    Index of /
    I am going to read into your statement about made in the USA too far and agree that anything made in the USA is better. I don't enjoy the fact that my microfibers aren't manufactured here. But they are lint free, have a great life expectancy and are great for removing product.

Also what does being "new here" have to do with anything? I didn't read anywhere in the terms and conditions that it says, hey you are new here so relax and even though this is a forum don't go speaking your mind.
    Quality Drives Demand
    www.SoakinJoes.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to read into your statement about made in the USA too far and agree that anything made in the USA is better. I don't enjoy the fact that my microfibers aren't manufactured here. But they are lint free, have a great life expectancy and are great for removing product.

Also what does being "new here" have to do with anything? I didn't read anywhere in the terms and conditions that it says, hey you are new here so relax and even though this is a forum don't go speaking your mind.
    Whatever man, go about your way then.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are brutal with many assumptions based just based on how she dries a truck.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    You guys are brutal with many assumptions based just based on how she dries a truck.
    precisely

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast