autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

PB Black Hole vs LSP

Hi!

Today, I gave PB Black Hole a first try to and was amazed by the hiding capabilities. One quick pass with the Flex 3401 on blue CCS pad gave results very similar to M105 on orange pad followed by P106FA. It took care of 99% of the swirls. Of course I know it's only temporary, but for a quick job it's quite impressive.

I took the car outside under direct sun and was even more amazed. The look was similar to a 8 hours polish job. I then applied a layer of EX-P; big mistake! 50% of the swirls came back. I heard many things about the best combos with Black Hole...
    - EX-P mutes Black Hole / isn't the best solution. Might be true, but I wanted to give it a try (mistake)
    - Natty's Blue gives better results. I should have tried this instead.
    - Black Hole can be applied as a last step (after sealant / wax) to avoid seeing the swirls back right away. Durability will be compromised, but look might be much better.

So what's the best combo? Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: PB Black Hole vs LSP

I used Menzerna IP amd Final polish with a PC orange and white pad. Then applied PB black hole. Next step I will apply Wolfgand Paint Sealent then PB Natty Blue Wax. Did my Stepdtr's with these steps and it came out beautiful. I have three black cars to do. Now I'am starting to do my Suv.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PB Black Hole vs LSP

Quote Originally Posted by Xcessiv View Post
    Hi!

Today, I gave PB Black Hole a first try to and was amazed by the hiding capabilities. One quick pass with the Flex 3401 on blue CCS pad gave results very similar to M105 on orange pad followed by P106FA. It took care of 99% of the swirls. Of course I know it's only temporary, but for a quick job it's quite impressive.

I took the car outside under direct sun and was even more amazed. The look was similar to a 8 hours polish job. I then applied a layer of EX-P; big mistake! 50% of the swirls came back. I heard many things about the best combos with Black Hole...
    - EX-P mutes Black Hole / isn't the best solution. Might be true, but I wanted to give it a try (mistake)
    - Natty's Blue gives better results. I should have tried this instead.
    - Black Hole can be applied as a last step (after sealant / wax) to avoid seeing the swirls back right away. Durability will be compromised, but look might be much better.

I just did my bumpers and trunk lid this weekend with Mequiars205,3M Ultra Fina(blue pad),PoorBoys Nattys Blue(hand) & finished with Mequiars #26 Hi-Tech Yellow(hand).

My Poorboys black hole glaze is not really needed anymore. A good effective polish corrects everything and there is no need to hide anything with PB Blk Hole, especially if you have that Flex3401. I use a PC7424, but.... I've used the Black Hole and loved it but it doesn’t last long, especially combo'd with ex-p sealant.

Can anyone recommend a solid sealant that will hold up if teamed with PB black hole glaze? Wait Wait Wait! I know a lot of you hard core guys will frown at the thought of using glaze and sealant for that matter, but I'm just inquiring.
    Last edited by CakeDaddy; 09-07-2009 at 09:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

^noobie question, why is it not so good to use a glaze and then a sealant?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xcessiv View Post
    Hi!

I then applied a layer of EX-P; big mistake! 50% of the swirls came back. I heard many things about the best combos with Black Hole...

That's really good to know. Was about to make an order for BH and EXP. The mods in this forum really push how well EX-P bonds with Black Hole. Your test shows that while it may bond just fine...it ruins the look.

(taking EX-P out of my cart) I will just use Natty's red or blue over it. I wonder if Collinite would hurt the look of the glaze?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunshine01 View Post
    ^noobie question, why is it not so good to use a glaze and then a sealant?
    Some glazes and sealants don’t bond well together, but there are some combination out there that are killa when applied correctly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CakeDaddy View Post
    Some glazes and sealants don’t bond well together, but there are some combination out there that are killa when applied correctly
    Which ones are killa

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Also I noticed their (Poorboys) website specifically recommends EX-Carnuba NOT EX-P over Black Hole. I wonder if this is why.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about giving BH a try.

My current favorite LSP is Optimum Car Wax (spray): wonder if that combo would work.
    James

Post Thanks / Like

I just used BH with MaxWax on top and it came out looking great...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast