autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PB Black Hole vs LSP

Yesterday I used PB white diamond glaze and after top it with WDGPS and I didn't see any hiding capabilities on my silver car.
    I don't know if I did something wrong. I used my PC with a blue pad for the glaze and red pad for the sealant.
    Wolfgang sealant is one nice sealant for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkus View Post
    Which ones are killa

I had a good turn out with PB Black Hole and PB exp sealant. I failed to let the sealant cure for a few hour previously, so my results were better the second time around. I want to try the WolgGang sealant next

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterShark View Post
    I've been thinking about giving BH a try.

My current favorite LSP is Optimum Car Wax (spray): wonder if that combo would work.
    I was thinking that EXACT same combo. I think the main issue is you can not top PBH with a sealant. That seems to be where it loses it's filling properties. And besides...doesn't a sealant need to bond to clean paint to be effective? How could it do that with a layer of glaze underneath it? There has to be a reason Poorboys suggests two carnuba products as toppers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtDeckard View Post
    I was thinking that EXACT same combo. I think the main issue is you can not top PBH with a sealant. That seems to be where it loses it's filling properties. And besides...doesn't a sealant need to bond to clean paint to be effective? How could it do that with a layer of glaze underneath it? There has to be a reason Poorboys suggests two carnuba products as toppers.

Im not sure weather Autogeek or Poorboy's put the kits together but Autogeek now has a "Poorboy's World Dark Paint Perfection Kit" which give's you BH and EX-P together...I wouldn't think either would put together a kit that would counter act the products included...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xcessiv View Post
    Hi!

Today, I gave PB Black Hole a first try to and was amazed by the hiding capabilities. One quick pass with the Flex 3401 on blue CCS pad gave results very similar to M105 on orange pad followed by P106FA. It took care of 99% of the swirls. Of course I know it's only temporary, but for a quick job it's quite impressive.

I took the car outside under direct sun and was even more amazed. The look was similar to a 8 hours polish job. I then applied a layer of EX-P; big mistake! 50% of the swirls came back. I heard many things about the best combos with Black Hole...
    - EX-P mutes Black Hole / isn't the best solution. Might be true, but I wanted to give it a try (mistake)
    - Natty's Blue gives better results. I should have tried this instead.
    - Black Hole can be applied as a last step (after sealant / wax) to avoid seeing the swirls back right away. Durability will be compromised, but look might be much better.

So what's the best combo? Thank you!
    Does EX-P have some cleaner properties that is removing the BH?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtDeckard View Post

Optimum Car Wax is described on their site as: "A combination of high-grade Carnauba wax, sealant polymers"

So what classification is it then: a sealant or a carnauba wax? Seems to be a hybrid.

This leaves me wondering if it'll work nicely together after all. I'd give it a shot if I had some Black Hole but unfortunately it's not part of my arsenal.
    James

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trek View Post
    Im not sure weather Autogeek or Poorboy's put the kits together but Autogeek now has a "Poorboy's World Dark Paint Perfection Kit" which give's you BH and EX-P together...I wouldn't think either would put together a kit that would counter act the products included...
    Good point. I guess we need someone from Poorboy's to come in and tell us why EX-P ruins the look of Black Hole.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If you apply BH by machine and EX-P by hand you shouldn't have a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

^^ I applied my PB glaze using my PC at speed 3 using a blue pad. Is it good or not ?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well I tried out Black Hole for the first time today. I have to say I wasnt super impressed. Directions said to apply till you "see a shine". I didnt quite understand that so I just applied like I would a wax, thin coat let it haze (which it really never did fully)and remove.

I noticed SOME concealment but not a whole lot. Certainly not what I've heard from others. I applied by hand..could that be the issue?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast