autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bilt Hamber Distribution

So I started to place an order with Carzilla this morning and it was trying too charge me shipping, despite the order being around $300

I emailed them and I guess the free shipping to Alaska is no longer offered

I just wanted to let you guys know, not that it affects anyone else out there, just wanted it out there so nobody got mad at me

Post Thanks / Like

Chilly, maybe you should start an Alaska detailing store, for you and the other two people.

3. Likes chilly, dwaleke, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Chilly, maybe you should start an Alaska detailing store, for you and the other two people.
    There are actually a LOT of nice cars up here and there are a few detailing shops here and there

People up here really rely on Amazon but they are absolutely my last resort on pretty much anything

I kind of figured the free shipping to Alaska wouldn't last but I did make the most of it for a couple of years

Back to the drawing board

Actually what they were going to charge me wasn't out of line and was still cheaper than just about anywhere else, and they aren't a charity so I get it

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for not being offended at my attempt at a little Alaska humor, but seriously, since Carzilla is in the western part of Canada, do they truck shipments up through the Yukon to get there?

6. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for not being offended at my attempt at a little Alaska humor, but seriously, since Carzilla is in the western part of Canada, do they truck shipments up through the Yukon to get there?
    They were using UPS in the past and I’d get stuff in 3 days

This order is going Canada Postal Service but they are decent enough

I’m never offended by Alaska humor

If you haven’t lived here it’s easy to have misconceptions about the reality of what’s actually up here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    They were using UPS in the past and I’d get stuff in 3 days. This order is going Canada Postal Service but they are decent enough
    So that gets trucked through the wilderness up to you?

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I’m never offended by Alaska humor, if you haven’t lived here it’s easy to have misconceptions about the reality of what’s actually up here
    I don't know anything about Alaska except for your neighbor in Wasilla, and that wherever they shot that True Detective show it looked like Iceland.

9. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know anything about Alaska except for your neighbor in Wasilla, and that wherever they shot that True Detective show it looked like Iceland.
    The mail from Canada goes to Seattle generally and is flown up to the Airport in Anchorage with the rest of the mail

The airport in Anchorage is the second busiest in the United States and the fourth busiest cargo hub in the world, according to Wikipedia

As far as my Wasilla neighbor, if you are talking about Sarah Palin, I don't know where she calls home these days

She ran for state senate last go round and came in second

My wife and I have met and talked with her (years ago) and she is actually quite a nice lady, all the politics aside

Which True Detective story?

Post Thanks / Like

I missed it when it came out but recently saw the Nick Cage/John Cusack movie "The Frozen Ground". Based upon true story of a serial killer of women in the Anchorage area. Enjoyed it but being reminded that people like that exist around us is pretty creepy (was going to say "chilling" but, you know . . .). I'm not familiar with True Detective but can definitely give 2 thumbs up to TFG.

Post Thanks / Like

The latest True Detective series/season (HBO) took place in a fictional town in Alaska and was actually filmed in Iceland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_in_Chicago View Post
    I missed it when it came out but recently saw the Nick Cage/John Cusack movie "The Frozen Ground". Based upon true story of a serial killer of women in the Anchorage area. Enjoyed it but being reminded that people like that exist around us is pretty creepy (was going to say "chilling" but, you know . . .). I'm not familiar with True Detective but can definitely give 2 thumbs up to TFG.
    They filmed TFG while I was still working. Office scenes were filmed in the older courthouse next door to my courthouse and it really disrupted things for a while. Supervisors got an urgent email one day asking if we had any typewriters to use in recreating whatever the office was (I never saw the movie) and after a frantic search through both courthouses it turned out there was a total of ONE typewriter left in service. The criminal division used it for some archaic multi part form that had never been updated. My younger son was hanging around one of the locations where they were filming and they noticed his cherry red 66 Mustang that my wife had given him and wanted to use it in some scenes, and even made him an extra. He never got paid.

That was truly a tragic and horrifying chapter in Alaska history

14. Likes Karl_in_Chicago liked this post
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast