autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bilt Hamber Distribution

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Exactly.
    I'll try to cool it on the sour grapes. I know you and I have gone back and forth on this kind of thing, about customers/providers, being able to make a buck, etc. I guess the combination of this guy (formerly) being in a profession I don't respect and being a know-it-all who knows nothing makes me want to burst a blood vessel. Not to mention he reminds of a lot of my neighbors who have more money than sense. Um...I guess that's not cooling it. Sorry.

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm well versed with the knowing people with more money than sense thing. They will always exist
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

4. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't poke the bear.
    Would you guys be buying if Pan opened a ecomm store.

And if anyone can share, what is this rift with OG-TCG. I've purchased many from that 3 letter abbreviation and none from the 2 letter....
    Not that I was aware there was a rift until it was mentioned in this thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    Don't poke the bear.
    Would you guys be buying if Pan opened a ecomm store.

And if anyone can share, what is this rift with OG-TCG. I've purchased many from that 3 letter abbreviation and none from the 2 letter....
    Not that I was aware there was a rift until it was mentioned in this thread
    Didn't someone say that TCG was doing gray-market importation, and because everyone liked the products they were trying to become an official distributor, but OG pulled it out from under them? I'm not sure if that's fair, and I don't really know much about either company, but BH has to look at it from the standpoint of perhaps wanting to only deal with a single US entity, not shipping small amounts to multiple distributors, therefore wants an importer/partner that's got the space and the money to buy a lot of product, like an entire shipping container full at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Didn't someone say that TCG was doing gray-market importation
    Is this confirmed as accurate. Before TCG, there was that other outfit selling BH....some import tuning supplier store if I recall. I would not have presumed it was grey market.....
    Granted I recall that import site having a few selections, I presume the transition of US importer was from them to TCG. So TCG was never the officially the US importer if I'm reading the statement correctly

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't paying that close attention at the time. When I say gray-market I mean buying it in bulk from a distributor in Europe and then selling it here, rather than importing it from the manufacturer.

I don't know what I'm talking about, maybe you do, but "importer" I think is a legal term which implies a lot more then just buying something and reselling it. Like if TCG wasn't the "importer", then they didn't assume any liability for the product, etc. I just pulled some old bottles, Klasse says "Imported exclusively by KLASSE USA", P21S Wheel Cleaner says "A Smartparts Product, from BIS--Sole North American Importers", an old Menzerna bottle from CMA says "Distributed by Classic Motoring Accessories", while the newer ones say "Menzerna USA" which of course is not really Menzerna but Jeff the Jescar guy.

I'm pretty sure that the BH stuff coming from TCG didn't say anything about TCG on the bottle, but the stuff now may say "Imported exclusively by Obsessed Garage". An importer agreement may allow OG to sue people who are grey-market selling the product. As I said I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm pretty sure that the "importer" is not just someone who buys something from across the pond and sells it here.

I'm sorry I'm going on and on--but I think there are liability issues, especially with chemicals--I think somebody like BH sets up an importer in countries they want to do business in who assumes liability for the product, so BH, who has no office here, doesn't have to field lawsuits over here if someone sprays something in their eye.

9. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

TCG used to own a bilt hamber usa website so I would think that were not importing it via gray market.

11. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    TCG used to own a bilt hamber usa website so I would think that were not importing it via gray market.
    Ok, forget everything I said, then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy;1790910[B
    ]Didn't someone say that TCG was doing gray-market importation, and because everyone liked the products they were trying to become an official distributor, but OG pulled it out from under them? [/B] I'm not sure if that's fair, and I don't really know much about either company, but BH has to look at it from the standpoint of perhaps wanting to only deal with a single US entity, not shipping small amounts to multiple distributors, therefore wants an importer/partner that's got the space and the money to buy a lot of product, like an entire shipping container full at a time.
    TCG were grey marketing Pressol sprayers when OG were the official US importer and distributor. That is where the rift began, not with Bilt Hamber. OG sank the money into Pressol, and to be frank, they are still not completely sorted for commercial usage. TCG were feeding off the work OG did with the brand.

As for Bilt Hamber, they were already building a name for themselves before TCG started selling a selection of products. As for how it went down, I have no idea other than Pete Hamber insisted the products remain affordable. From what I can tell, that wasn't really happening with TCG.

I started this thread to bring some intel to forum members who enjoyed using the Bilt Hamber products. At the time, it was uncertain what would happen with the brand for US customers. I didn't intend for this thread to become political, it was all about the product.

14. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Lot of sour grapes in this thread.

Question is, how many will be going to the bother and expense of importing Bilt Hamber direct from the UK to circumvent the OG partnership?
    Did it pre US distribution…. Right now still available through Carzilla (Canada) with newest products popping up. Not sure wth Obsessed getting North America if Bilt Hamber will pull line from them.

Cheaper shipping from them right now.

But hey if the drug dealers and A$$h0LŁ but still has the best drugs… well people are gonna buy from him.

My only issue is how he handled Apex Stubby. If he had bought a product as bad as V1 he would have $h!t all over it. But because he let it through quality control he basically called his customers babies when he literally built his store off of selling best quality,

Just shoulda owned it. Announced improvements and V2 was coming…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes DFB, chilly liked this post
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast