autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Some claim an extractor is not needed for interior detailing....

I completely disagree. Even if it's a bissell machine, it still helps a lot. I have a steamer which I feel is important too. It lifts and loosens stains, where as the extractor sucks them up and removes them. I've had the steamer longer than an extractor, but I will say the extractor brought carpet/upholstery cleaning to a whole new level.
    '03 Corvette Z06

2. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some claim an extractor is not needed for interior detailing....

I’ve seriously been considering 1 lately, but I’m not trying to spend 1-2k on a machine. I’ve seen Detailgroove spotlight a more budget friendly extractor in his recent vids and I’m thinking about maybe pulling the trigger. Maybe...

4. Likes WRAPT C5Z06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I completely disagree. Even if it's a bissell machine, it still helps a lot. I have a steamer which I feel is important too. It lifts and loosens stains, where as the extractor sucks them up and removes them. I've had the steamer longer than an extractor, but I will say the extractor brought carpet/upholstery cleaning to a whole new level.
    I agree. I don't do many interiors but the small extractor I have is priceless. Steamers are great and help emulsify the gunk but doing that and rubbing it with a dry cloth isn't the same as then hitting it with an extractor.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Likes WRAPT C5Z06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’ve seriously been considering 1 lately, but I’m not trying to spend 1-2k on a machine. I’ve seen Detailgroove spotlight a more budget friendly extractor in his recent vids and I’m thinking about maybe pulling the trigger. Maybe...
    Just saw that on youtube. Looks like a great budget extractor!

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    I agree. I don't do many interiors but the small extractor I have is priceless. Steamers are great and help emulsify the gunk but doing that and rubbing it with a dry cloth isn't the same as then hitting it with an extractor.
    Exactly. An expensive extractor is not needed to see great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

The pressure motor on my Mytee is inoperative however I do use the suction side as a wet vac. I clean carpet and upholstery using more conventional means and use the suction hose to wet "extract". If that dies I will replace it with a less expensive wet/dry vac and continue my current method.

Basically, I'm saying an extractor isn't neccessary to get similar results with conventional methods but it was somewhat easier and faster. Given my experience with the extractor I bought for about $800 I've found I don't really need to replace it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    The pressure motor on my Mytee is inoperative however I do use the suction side as a wet vac.

Given my experience with the extractor I bought for about $800 I've found I don't really need to replace it.
    Ah, another Mytee reliability endorsement.

Post Thanks / Like

^yup!

Post Thanks / Like

How much better can the suction on an extractor be? I find that when I try to ‘extract’ with my 6.5HP Ridgid vac the results are underwhelming. I still have to mop up a ton with the towels.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Mytee for about 12 years. Never had an issue. I always run clean water thru it when I’m done tho.

Anyway, some sort of extractor is a must in my eyes. I can do a complete turn around on interiors with it. Fact is we may be macho talking about out 3 step jewelling paint correction job but the fact is most people want a shiny car with a new looking interior and an extractor helps with that.
    Jim

13. Likes Jon TDS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    How much better can the suction on an extractor be? I find that when I try to ‘extract’ with my 6.5HP Ridgid vac the results are underwhelming. I still have to mop up a ton with the towels.
    Maybe someone has a good answer for that...I just compared the specs between the 16 gal/6.5 HP Ridgid vs. the Mytee Lite III, and the Ridgid doesn't show water lift, but the CFM is about twice the Mytee...so going by CFM yours should "out suck" the Mytee, but I'm guessing water lift is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I have a Mytee for about 12 years. Never had an issue. I always run clean water thru it when I’m done tho.
    Do you use detergent solution in it? A lot of people seem to just use water in theirs anyway, so running clean water through doesn't seem like it would make any difference. (I presume you are talking about the solution portion, not the recovery portion).

In my prior analysis of this subject, it seemed like people had better luck with the more expensive Mytees, and also the people who used them more occasionally rather than every day also seemed to make out better. I'd also venture to say that the insides of a 12-yo Mytee are perhaps a lot different than what they make now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast