autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some claim an extractor is not needed for interior detailing....

If I were a pro and did more interior work (I don't really do interiors...at all...for people) I would likely get a Mytee.

The Bissell Little Green Machine works okay, though. Takes a pretty long time, but it does eventually get the job done. I used it here on a 1996 Jeep Cherokee that likely never was cleaned (it's filthy). The seat was quite nasty, and I'm sure the coke or coffee had been there since forever. Over 240k miles on it from the prior owner.

Anyway...action!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a defective model due to excessive leaking. Since, I returned it I haven’t found a need for one in a while. But I’m not saying it isn’t a valuable machine either—because it is.

When it did work, it worked fine and did the job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    If I were a pro and did more interior work (I don't really do interiors...at all...for people) I would likely get a Mytee.

The Bissell Little Green Machine works okay, though. Takes a pretty long time, but it does eventually get the job done. I used it here on a 1996 Jeep Cherokee that likely never was cleaned (it's filthy). The seat was quite nasty, and I'm sure the coke or coffee had been there since forever. Over 240k miles on it from the prior owner.

Anyway...action!

^^ I use a similar one only I go two-handed. My process is this:
    • I pre-treat with Folex or the appropriate chemical.
    • Then with the Bissel I spray pure water onto the area/cushion/seat. Not a lot, just enough to dampen the fibers over top the pre-treatment.
    • Then I go two-handed with the steam blasting in one hand, followed with the extractor right above it thus it's sucking out pure HOT steam, water and Folex. It's way way way better than just the bissel alone.

Uses far less water, thus seats are barely damp, yet it pulls out the nastiest stuff leaving the seat disinfected and clean. Two passes is all it takes.

I just used this process to clean our family room couch that has a lot of white on it. Worked perfectly. Like brand new having pulled off any and all oils and what not.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Thanks Robbo, Diner, Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes sudsmobile, JustJesus, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    • Then with the Bissel I spray pure water onto the area/cushion/seat. Not a lot, just enough to dampen the fibers over top the pre-treatment.
    • Then I go two-handed with the steam blasting in one hand, followed with the extractor right above it thus it's sucking out pure HOT steam, water and Folex. It's way way way better than just the bissel alone.

Uses far less water, thus seats are barely damp, yet it pulls out the nastiest stuff leaving the seat disinfected and clean. Two passes is all it takes.
    There was that steam extractor that Richy was using that I looked at for a while...then he went and bought a Mytee.

Post Thanks / Like

This looks like a nice unit that's not super expensive

Mytee S-300H Tempo Heated Carpet Extractor, carpet cleaning machine
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    This looks like a nice unit that's not super expensive

Mytee S-300H Tempo Heated Carpet Extractor, carpet cleaning machine
    It would be nice to see a review on that one. That model never used to have heat, they added the heated version a year or two ago. One thing to keep in mind is the Tempo only has a 600 watt heater, and doesn't give a temperature that it gets to, while the Lite has a 1000W and the two larger ones have 1200W...those three all say "210°F max temperature"...which doesn't exactly mean they get to that temp, I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

If your going to get one, and use it often , and hard...go all in and get a good one with a reputable company. Check the reviews and warranty. Those cheaper units made by these small companies are for sure going to break down after a year, and those companies most likely won't even be around for long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    It would be nice to see a review on that one. That model never used to have heat, they added the heated version a year or two ago. One thing to keep in mind is the Tempo only has a 600 watt heater, and doesn't give a temperature that it gets to, while the Lite has a 1000W and the two larger ones have 1200W...those three all say "210°F max temperature"...which doesn't exactly mean they get to that temp, I guess.
    I have the HP 120 at the shop,I'd say temp gets every bit of 200 plus.
    If I am running a continuous stream of steam the nozzle gets so hot you have to set it down a second,,plastic may have been a better option for that area.
    Reliability hasn't been an issue except for one guy we had there kept over sudsing the carpets and filling the waste up with suds and water causing it overflow water and suds through motor,,,,this wiped the motor out after awhile and I had to replace it.
    It was easily serviceable and only took about 20 minutes or so to swap the motors

btw mine gets used alot,,3 or 4 and sometimes 5 x a week
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post

I just used this process to clean our family room couch that has a lot of white on it. Worked perfectly. Like brand new having pulled off any and all oils and what not.
    That sounds like a good process. My Bissell does heat the water it sprays, but I'm sure steam would be more effective!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123