autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New Car Swirls Product Suggestions

Just got a new car this week, and even though I had them bypass the wash before I took delivery, it still has some swirls. It's a dark blue, and they definitely stand out and bother me.

I have a porter cable. Just looking for suggestions on which product to use. I probably won't do whole car, just problem areas.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Car Swirls Product Suggestions

Menzerna Medium Cut 2500 with Lake Country orange SDO pads might be worth a try.

Post Thanks / Like

What else do you have in your arsenal in terms of pads and polishes?

Post Thanks / Like

No pads or polishes currently. Haven't used the DA in a while.

Post Thanks / Like

First off going to link you to a couple of Mike's write ups

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...tml?highlight=

How many pads do I need to buff out my car?

In terms of pads, the lake country flat pads are always a nice option. Recently redesigned to be thinner. Thinner pads work very well on porter cable type tools.

I would recommend a 5" backing plate for the porter cable.

In terms of polishes well you are going to get many recommendations. It is hard to say if you will need a compound and a polish or just a polish without doing a test spot. Meguiar's ultimate compound and ultimate polish are always recommended as they work, yet readily available at most local auto parts stores. Can't forget about M205 as that always works well.

Sonax has a great line of polishes. These are user friendly and get the job done. What I like about Sonax is the they have virtually no dusting. Sonax Cut Max compound has good cut with little to no dusting. EX 04-06 is a nice polish as well. I get zero dusting from it and a great finish. It does a good job on it's own in terms of correction ability. Cut & Finish is a one step compounding polish that is in between the two so if you don't have the time then this one step polish is a solution. Very versatile and it's correction ability is pad dependent. Some like Perfect Finish and don't get me wrong it is a nice polish. It does dust a bit more than the others when using it with a DA. That is the only nit pick I have on Perfect Finish. The good thing about Sonax is that they offer their polishes in 8 oz bottles which is a good size for someone who does this every so often. I have been using the Sonax line of abrasives as of late and they have become some of my favorites.

McKee's 37 fast polish is nice. I have not yet worked with the compound but the polish works well. User friendly and works well.

Optimum Hyper Polish is another real nice polish to work with. Very versatile as well as user friendly.

You always have the option of a one step/cleaner wax type product as well.

6. Thanks Paul A. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Menzerna Medium Cut 2500 with Lake Country orange SDO pads might be worth a try.
    This looks like a good option. Just read up on it a bit. Thanks!

8. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    First off going to link you to a couple of Mike's write ups

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...tml?highlight=

How many pads do I need to buff out my car?

In terms of pads, the lake country flat pads are always a nice option. Recently redesigned to be thinner. Thinner pads work very well on porter cable type tools.

I would recommend a 5" backing plate for the porter cable.

In terms of polishes well you are going to get many recommendations. It is hard to say if you will need a compound and a polish or just a polish without doing a test spot. Meguiar's ultimate compound and ultimate polish are always recommended as they work, yet readily available at most local auto parts stores. Can't forget about M205 as that always works well.

Sonax has a great line of polishes. These are user friendly and get the job done. What I like about Sonax is the they have virtually no dusting. Sonax Cut Max compound has good cut with little to no dusting. EX 04-06 is a nice polish as well. I get zero dusting from it and a great finish. It does a good job on it's own in terms of correction ability. Cut & Finish is a one step compounding polish that is in between the two so if you don't have the time then this one step polish is a solution. Very versatile and it's correction ability is pad dependent. Some like Perfect Finish and don't get me wrong it is a nice polish. It does dust a bit more than the others when using it with a DA. That is the only nit pick I have on Perfect Finish. The good thing about Sonax is that they offer their polishes in 8 oz bottles which is a good size for someone who does this every so often. I have been using the Sonax line of abrasives as of late and they have become some of my favorites.

McKee's 37 fast polish is nice. I have not yet worked with the compound but the polish works well. User friendly and works well.

Optimum Hyper Polish is another real nice polish to work with. Very versatile as well as user friendly.

You always have the option of a one step/cleaner wax type product as well.
    Thanks for the thorough reply. I do have a 5" backing plate for the PC. I'll check out the products you listed. I considered all in one, but would rather do sealant separately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kenmsax View Post
    This looks like a good option. Just read up on it a bit. Thanks!

PF2500 is a staple in my arsenal because it does a great amount of swirl removal, and finishes with a lot of gloss.

I prefer the Lake Country Tangerine Hydrotech pads with it, but they're not quite as durable, and forgiving to a newcomer.

I usually follow 2500 with Duragloss 111.

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of car is it??
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    What kind of car is it??
    2018 Accord

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast