autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

NanoSkin Autoscrub Medium Clay Mitt

I bought one of these after being skeptical for a long time. After years of using clay bar It’s officially my least favorite part of the detailing process so I finally bit the bullet and picked up the NanoSkin Wash Mitt in hopes to speed up the clay bar process.

I know a lot of people say it’s best to use a clay lube because car wash soap will degrade the clay mitt over time but I pretty much always use my clay bars with a foam cannon to speed things up a bit and I have never had an issue with my clay bars breaking down. The only clay bar I ever had an issue with is Pinnacle’s clay bar, and I had issues with degrading even when using a QD.

After washing my friends 2012 Legacy GT I noticed a TON of bonded contaminants. It felt like 120 grit sandpaper, it’s pretty bad, pretty sure the car hadn’t been clayed in several years if ever.

First i applied Iron x to hopefully make claying a bit easier. I then threw down some foam cannon suds with CG HoneyDew snow soap which I find has a ton of lubricity for claying. Dunked my clay mitt into my soapy bucket and started with the glass to break in the mitt. Already I could tell it was taking out a ton of contaminates as each pass sounded smoother and smoother. Also noticed the mitt sucks in a ton of suds which is very nice.

After glass I moved onto the paint, this thing absolutely rocked. The only thing that’s annoying is the gray clay material hides the contamination and you can’t see how dirty the mitt is. I made sure to clean off the mitt every half panel to issue minimal marring. However this car needs a 2 or 3 step paint correction anyways so I wasn’t too worried about marring.

Excuse the commentary lol.

As you can see in the video that I posted, this mitt definitely picks up a good amount of contaminates in a fraction of the tome a traditional clay bar would. I clayed this car twice and still only took me about an hour. Typical it takes me about 1.5-2 hours to clay a car with minor contamination.

After completion I grabbed my scan-grip to see if I could find any marring. I honestly couldn’t see any evidence of marring other than some marring that was done before I touched the car which I was blown away by. I thought for sure it was going to look bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NanoSkin Autoscrub Medium Clay Mitt

Yeah, it's solid. I've done probably over 100 cars with it, and it's still holding up. Just be careful on hot panels.

4. Likes STI4Life06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NanoSkin Autoscrub Medium Clay Mitt

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Wax View Post
    Yeah, it's solid. I've done probably over 100 cars with it, and it's still holding up. Just be careful on hot panels.
    Yeah I can see where that could be an issue. 95% of my details are out of the sun so I’ll keep that in mind if I ever have to clay bar in the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk