autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Onr off label uses?

List your favorite off label uses for Optimum No Rinse (or any RW/WW) please. Any feedback is always appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Onr off label uses?

I've use meguiars D114 for everything automotive and household stuff ^^

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

3. Thanks Maxreed241 thanked for this post
    Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand Yvan uses ONR instead of milk on his breakfast cereal. I tried it but it tasted too "blue" for me.

5. Likes GEM65, Maxreed241, SWETM, Tempest45, PaulMys liked this post
    Dislikes kevinkunkle disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Onr off label uses?

I’ve used Meguiars D114@1:128 as a waterless wash to bathe my cat during a minor emergency when she absolutely needed a bath to get some strong smelling wood treating chemical off her fur. I sprayed it onto 1 of those Mothers Detailing Brushes [the brush was brand new] and then brushed it into the fur and wiped her dry with a damp terry towel. Worked pretty darn great.

My cat kept coming home smelling like that strong chemical for nearly 2 weeks because my next door neighbor was building a treehouse for his kids and using that stuff to treat the wood and I’m guessing my curious cat would feel the need to go over there and rub against that wood everyday till it was done.

I alternated between using D114 and scent free dish soap. D114 worked better but I was worried it might not be as safe as the dish soap. It’s a great way to give a cat a bath without having it freak out over getting a shower of water.

How’s that for off label use? Onr off label uses?Lol.

7. Likes Robbo, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A detailer once reported in this forum that the grass where he dumps his ONR wash solution after washing the car is groing a lot faster than the rest of his lawn. So it seems it has some nutritional value for plants

9. Likes Maxreed241, miniSguy liked this post
    Dislikes kevinkunkle disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’ve used Meguiars D114@1:128 as a waterless wash to bathe my cat during a minor emergency when she absolutely needed a bath to get some strong smelling wood treating chemical off her fur. I sprayed it onto 1 of those Mothers Detailing Brushes [the brush was brand new] and then brushed it into the fur and wiped her dry with a damp terry towel. Worked pretty darn great.

My cat kept coming home smelling like that strong chemical for nearly 2 weeks because my next door neighbor was building a treehouse for his kids and using that stuff to treat the wood and I’m guessing my curious cat would feel the need to go over there and rub against that wood everyday till it was done.

I alternated between using D114 and scent free dish soap. D114 worked better but I was worried it might not be as safe as the dish soap. It’s a great way to give a cat a bath without having it freak out over getting a shower of water.

How’s that for off label use? Onr off label uses?Lol.
    I think that’s the winner for off label use!

11. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve mopped floors with it. It left some streaks in places. D114 works better for me.

13. Likes BadgerRivFan, Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use it to clean all my household windows and also use a damp rag soaked in it to dust and wipe off counters, etc, and wipe down my leather couch weekly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

15. Thanks Maxreed241 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used it for cleaning interiors on cars and tried it on some floor mats with an extractor and was pretty pleased with the results lol. I forgot my folex at my house so had to use something not sure if its good or bad but it worked so i may have to experiment more with it be cause that would be some cheap carpet cleaner lol.

17. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oboroballa03 View Post
    I have used it for cleaning interiors on cars and tried it on some floor mats with an extractor and was pretty pleased with the results lol. I forgot my folex at my house so had to use something not sure if its good or bad but it worked so i may have to experiment more with it be cause that would be some cheap carpet cleaner lol.
    Definitely going to try this. Sounds interesting. What dilution ratio did you use in the floor mats?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast