autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Master Blaster

Post Thanks / Like

Master Blaster

Ma Ma caught me late last nite on the puter, looking at the Master Blaster, said your not getting that..........im thinking shes worried that I'm gonna take away her blowing the car with leaf blower away from her..........I assured her that would never happen.

Just wondering on the guys who have had both..........I gots a craftsman leaf blower, works great, just wondering if the MB would be better.

Sometimes I wish I wouldn"t have found this site LOL.........today I tried something different washed one panel at a time and used the leaft blower to dry............took some time, but that puppy is looking great.

My wife thinks I'm losing it.............got to blame PaulMys , he keeps telling me to buy new stuff to try. LOL

Just joking around, couple of pics of ma ma saying shes never gonna work on that "POS" car ever again. She keeps up with this attitude I'm not gonna let her touch the car again.

Just kidding around, have a great day guys

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Master Blaster-heater-core-install-jpg   Master Blaster-diane-working-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Master Blaster

Quote Originally Posted by Richs66 View Post
    Ma Ma caught me late last nite on the puter, looking at the Master Blaster, said your not getting that..........im thinking shes worried that I'm gonna take away her blowing the car with leaf blower away from her..........I assured her that would never happen.

Just wondering on the guys who have had both..........I gots a craftsman leaf blower, works great, just wondering if the MB would be better.

Sometimes I wish I wouldn"t have found this site LOL.........today I tried something different washed one panel at a time and used the leaft blower to dry............took some time, but that puppy is looking great.

My wife thinks I'm losing it.............got to blame PaulMys , he keeps telling me to buy new stuff to try. LOL

Just joking around, couple of pics of ma ma saying shes never gonna work on that "POS" car ever again. She keeps up with this attitude I'm not gonna let her touch the car again.

Just kidding around, have a great day guys

Rich
    Leaf blowers have a hard plastic air tunnel, if this touches your vehicle you could install a scratch. The metro blaster and master blaster have soft rubber tips.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Main advantage of the Master Blaster compared to the leaf blower is the convenience of use (just holding a hose instead of the entire leaf blower) and the filtered air.

Most of us who use a leaf blower will use a dedicated leaf blower in drying the car, not the same leaf blower they use to clean or vacuum the yard. But in any case, there's still a chance (although small) that the leaf blower will pick up some debris and blast it to the paint.

The tip of the MB is also made out of soft rubber so it will reduce the chances of scratching your paint in case you make contact. The leaf blower has hard plastic everywhere to if it touches your paint, you'll most likely induce scratches. Add to that how awkward it is to use the leaf blower to dry your car.

The MB is a lot more expensive than the leaf blower.

If your wife is worried about the MB taking away her leaf blower to dry the car, tell her this will make it easier hehehe! It's awesome that your wife uses a leaf blower to dry the car! Is the Challenger hers?

LOL @ blaming PaulMys!!!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

The Metro Master Blaster 8hp is a great tool. Another great option would be the McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer. I find the Metro has more power but the McKee's 37 is easier to work with.

The Metro Master Blaster is Metro's most powerful blower/dryer at 8hp! Blow dry your motorcycle & your vehicle with this big blower.

McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Buster, hard to see from the pic, but I have some foam installed around the tip..........needless to say sometimes my wife hits the paint with the leaf blower...........usually I have to put my beer down and show her the right way. LOL

Just joking around here.............I hate to spend the extra cash on the MB, but if its that much better than a leaf blower, I'm gonna do it.

Although gotta say it.............that leaf blower is a working pretty good.

Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Bobby beat me to it. But I was also going to suggest the McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer.

Here's my comparison review:
    Review: McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Blaster sidekick. Small in size buts puts out impressive performance. Has two tips. One rubber cone and a hard plastic wide tip.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The MB is a lot more expensive than the leaf blower.

If your wife is worried about the MB taking away her leaf blower to dry the car, tell her this will make it easier hehehe! It's awesome that your wife uses a leaf blower to dry the car! Is the Challenger hers?

LOL @ blaming PaulMys!!!

No the challenger is mine..........ma ma has no interest in cars, she a truck loving girl, but she does help with my stuff...........and that's all that's counts. LOL

I like to blame Paul for everything. LOL

Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Well you Son of a B!tch!!

Yeah, yeah. Go ahead and blame me, Rich. But you know you love it......

I'm still sticking with my leaf blower. Mine is the pro backpack type. That thing will blow loose asphalt out of the road at 220 mph. It was $400 bucks when I bought it, and no way in hell am I spending the jing for the MB.

For those that say the leaf blower has a hard plastic tip, and that it will scratch your paint, I offer this simple solution:

Don't touch your paint with it.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

The only problem I have with the MB is that it requires a 20amp outlet. You will blow the breaker if you plug it a regular 15amp outlet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast