autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need new pressure washer, any recommendation?

I've got the AR 383SS. Perfect for occasional use and homeowner projects. I didn't mind giving up a few PSI for the 390. Lawnmower, siding, wood fence, it does a nice job.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought an AR 930SS from Amazon. It was a Gold Box special. I bought the 3 year warranty with it. If I get 3 years out of it I will be happy. Everything breaks if you use it long enough. I do not expect lifetime service from anything I buy, but I do want it to give me a few good years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I just bought an AR 930SS from Amazon. It was a Gold Box special. I bought the 3 year warranty with it. If I get 3 years out of it I will be happy. Everything breaks if you use it long enough. I do not expect lifetime service from anything I buy, but I do want it to give me a few good years.
    +1
    I've had the AR 390 for two years now, and still going strong. Highly recommended as it is so versatile. In addition to washing cars with a foam cannon, it does an incredible job with my epoxy floors I the garage, driveway, patio furniture, outdoor grill, etc. Seems like pretty solid construction.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

FYI to OP -

The "heaviness" of the foam from your foam lance doesn't have anything to do with the GPM of the pressure washer, but rather the pressure. The foam is "created" by both the liquid involved (water, and the soap mixture being drafted from the container) and the compressed air produced by the pressure washer, which is sort of a byproduct. Think of it this way - whether you have a 1200 PSI pressure washer or a 2500 PSI pressure washer, relatively speaking, your water output is going to be the same because your pump intake is a garden hose, and whatever that garden hose supplies (most are pretty similiar in terms of their GPM flow, but obviously depends on what they're supplying from). However, the "power" is going to be much different because based on the pressure that your pump drives that water out, and the air involved.

I will make this short and sweet because I sort of went on a long ramble... For a "heavier" or more shaving-cream like foam, as opposed to a very wet foam, you are going to want a pressure washer with more pressure, and thus more air going through the system - not more GPM.

Wet foam = less pressure / shaving cream = more pressure

Hope this helps...

Post Thanks / Like

Kranzle 1122TST

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjk512 View Post
    Think of it this way - whether you have a 1200 PSI pressure washer or a 2500 PSI pressure washer, relatively speaking, your water output is going to be the same because your pump intake is a garden hose, and whatever that garden hose supplies (most are pretty similiar in terms of their GPM flow, but obviously depends on what they're supplying from).
    The rest of your post may hold true WRT foam, but the total water output is a function of the gallons per minute (gpm) rating of the pump. There's a huge difference in the capabilities of a commercial, high gpm pressure washer and a consumer, low gpm unit that develops the same pressure, and both machines can be supplied by the same garden hose. As long as the pump's gpm rating is less than what's available via municipal water supply or a tank, the pump doesn't care.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scuff View Post
    The rest of your post may hold true WRT foam, but the total water output is a function of the gallons per minute (gpm) rating of the pump. There's a huge difference in the capabilities of a commercial, high gpm pressure washer and a consumer, low gpm unit that develops the same pressure, and both machines can be supplied by the same garden hose. As long as the pump's gpm rating is less than what's available via municipal water supply or a tank, the pump doesn't care.
    Yes, of course GPM is a measure of flow versus pressure... But as you said, it's important to remember that the pump can't flow out more than what is being supplied to it...

Post Thanks / Like

So for thicker foam, I need higher pressure not GPM, got it.

I might order AR 390SS with 2000 PSI, and integrated 30ft hose is great, but little scared because there are a lot of recent reviews about damaged hose out of box D:

Thank you all for the responds!
    Please like my page

Jae @ ONYX Detail Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Kärcher

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered Karcher K4 premium and ordered some fittings to make my MTM with 1/4" quick connector to work with karcher.
    (hopefully ordered right stuffs LOL)

Super excited for my new PW.

Thank you all.
    Please like my page

Jae @ ONYX Detail Garage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast