autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Brush Storage Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I got this idea after looking at Daviddear30's post.. I went to the 99cent store and bought a pack of hooks, stuck them inside a bucket and voila, my new wheel & tire bucket.

Sent from my iPhone
    the problem with that is you have to take all the brushes out whenever you want to use the bucket.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    the problem with that is you have to take all the brushes out whenever you want to use the bucket.
    by the way i put my wheel brushes into one of my buckets with grit guards so they drip dry then i throw them in my smaller wheel bucket.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you purposely pose your kitten in your photographs?

I mean seriously: the cat's on your detail projects like white on rice.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Or use a pegboard....
    Cart is a great idea! No idea why I haven't done this. I'm currently using Rubbermaid FastTrack in my garage. Generally very good, but not for small items. I have all my brushes and other stuff in hanging baskets. Not good at all. Too hard to find, and bristles get bent. Cart or pegboard is clearly the way to go.

And nice car. Not sure why, but like almost every Boxster owner I have some Carrera envy. Once we get rid of the kids I'll get a used one.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Detailing Brush Storage Ideas?

I wanted to say "thanks" to everyone that gave me ideas over the past few days. I ran out of time to get to Home Depot for hardware as my wife's paint correction (black) took way, way, way too long and I ran out of time.

I have so little time to detail but I just feel so inefficient when my work area is disorganized. I realized that baby steps are better than nothing so I spend about an hour doing what I could to make my area detail friendly. My goal was to get done what I could before the game starts today.

It's not nearly as impressive as what you folks have. I had mounted a wire shelf years ago to hold some of my supplies. For hanging brushes, I just put nails in the drywall and hung them. Unfortunately, the nails start falling out after a while and the shelf was full. This is just part of my "stuff". Most of my products stay inside due to the high heat of AZ damaging the products. Additionally, I keep gallon bottles on another rack.

Before/after of random hanging of brushes and overload of supplies on rack. Decided the fasted temporary solution was to hang brushes with nails from available 1x2 already in the wall:
    Detailing Brush Storage Ideas?-1-jpgDetailing Brush Storage Ideas?-9-jpg

Here's where I put the overflow brushes that don't get used as much and don't require special drying needs;
    Detailing Brush Storage Ideas?-12-jpgDetailing Brush Storage Ideas?-13-jpg

shelf above the workbench became a cluttered mess. Moved some excess over there. I keep most of my product inside due to the heat:
    Detailing Brush Storage Ideas?-2-jpgDetailing Brush Storage Ideas?-10-jpg

Quick pic of the detailing corner. Phase 2 will be to add towel bars for the bottles and pegboard for the brushes
    Detailing Brush Storage Ideas?-11-jpg

Phase 3 will be to tighten this area up.
    Detailing Brush Storage Ideas?-4-jpg

Thanks again for everyone's input on this. Also, thanks for all the other garage ideas people have shared on this forum. Detailing is so much more enjoyable with a clean, organized environment :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddear30 View Post
    I have a wheel bucket that I store most of my wheel brushes in -no picture at the moment--just a whit 4.5 gallon no frills bucket
    I have a few metal cabinets in the garage and I have a lot of these magnetic hooks plus zipties for brushes. The magnet hooks are from harbor freight for 4 for-$4

David
    thanks, good tip. went out & got me some. plenty of cabinets to let them hang & dry. then store them away once they're dry.
    hmardown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Do you purposely pose your kitten in your photographs?

I mean seriously: the cat's on your detail projects like white on rice.
    Nope, she's just always around.

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    No I don't, the brushes stay in while I add a bit of car soap and fill the bucket with with water... That's not the same bucket I'll be using as my wash bucket with mitts. I have a total of 6 buckets, 2 of them are currently full of dirty towels.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Added a couple of Home Depot racks to my Luxor cart (shower hooks work well too). For the smaller brushes, I hot glued some small PVC pipe onto the cart. Holds those brushes well.

Post Thanks / Like

Those brush storage ideas look great. The only downside I can see is kids. I can absolutely see my boys getting bored and deciding to use those to clean their bikes, or do who-knows what else. Just too compelling looking not to use when displayed like that. Maybe hidden away is better for now. 4 years to go...
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I got this idea after looking at Daviddear30's post.. I went to the 99cent store and bought a pack of hooks, stuck them inside a bucket and voila, my new wheel & tire bucket.

Sent from my iPhone
    this is a good idea and you can dedicate that bucket to store those brushes and not to mention when you are done they can drip and dry inside the bucket too...

p.s. cute cat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast