autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Removed clear bra, now how to get adhesive off...?

Omfg laz is right!! Just spent about an hour with the 3m and wd40 along with the plastic razor blade on one area of the hood. It works but it's a slow process but the good news is under the glue the paint is AMAZING!!

Post Thanks / Like

You can a decent set of plastic chisels from Harbor Frieght. Get some Tarminator, spray it on and let it set for about 30 seconds and repeat. Been taking Diamond Shield and 3M clear bras off RVs for awhile now and found this to be the best solution. Once you're done you'll have to buff out the front end and seal it with a good polymer sealant.
    We are Central Florida's "First Class" Detailing Service.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes the tarminator any different than the wd40 and 3m adhesive remover? I have a plastic razor I've been using without any issues called Titan.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any experience with the Titan Blades but I looked them up and they appear to be durable than other plastic blades.

I have heard good things about the 3M Adhesive Remover... WD40 works on just about everything.

The clear shield I remove have a stronger adhesive backing than anything I have ever encountered. From what I am seeing with the Diamond Shields, they're installed right after the front of the coach is painted without even letting the paint cure for production purposes.

After much time they crack and brown and become an eye soar. Many times using a heat gun is out of the question. The only way to remove these is to use a steamer and one of these plastic chisels as most plastic razor blades and plastic putty knives aren't strong enough and will not hold up.

Just throwing another option out there.
    We are Central Florida's "First Class" Detailing Service.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys so ALL of the adhesive is now off the car and I will share my story and tips. I used goo gone, wd40 (worked well), 3M adhesive remover and the best overall was the Stoner Tarminator bug and tar remover. That along with the titan plastic razor blade (which you need to be careful with because it does leave marks if not careful) taking the plastic off took about 4 hours but taking off the adhesive took a couple days and a total of about another 4 hours. I sprayed the Tarminator on and let it soak in for about 5-10 minutes and then took the plastic razor blade to the thicker area's to get up the heavy stuff. After the heavy stuff was up I sprayed again and again and used cheap amazon microfiber cloths in a circular motion until the adhesive was gone.

The paint under the bra is SOOO nice and after paint restoration I will post pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Removed clear bra, now how to get adhesive off...?-clean-hood-jpg   Removed clear bra, now how to get adhesive off...?-clean-side-jpg   Removed clear bra, now how to get adhesive off...?-front-end-clean-jpg  

Mike Phillips

Thanks for the follow-up.

I'm confident the information in this thread will help others into the future and that's what makes a great forum great.

Quality information

Post Thanks / Like

good read..... great post... keep on posting cool

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I started a new thread about what I got in the mail from mike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12