autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Drivers side carpet and mat

Winter was harsh here in NH with about 120" of snow, cleaning the cars has been a task. Touchless carwashes during the winter did help, but the cars are in rough shape. The insides have also taken a beating.

When parking in parking lots or on streets loaded with salt, sand, slush, etc, all that ends up in the carpets and mats.

My mats are stained with salt deposits, or whatever chemical salad they put down on the roads. I've tried the shampoo/vac at the car wash, and it did a nice job cleaning the carpets, but the stains still exist.

I even tried Natures Miracle (my thought was, if it's good enough for pet soiling...). It did better than the shampoo but the stains are still there.

What should I use? The mats are the matching ones that come with the car, with the car name embossed in the mat, so they're OEM and I'd like to keep them for the car.

Worse case, I get new mats, learn from my mistake and order all weather mats from AG.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drivers side carpet and mat

Try Spot Shot. It's available most everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    Winter was harsh here in NH with about 120" of snow, cleaning the cars has been a task. Touchless carwashes during the winter did help, but the cars are in rough shape. The insides have also taken a beating.

When parking in parking lots or on streets loaded with salt, sand, slush, etc, all that ends up in the carpets and mats.

My mats are stained with salt deposits, or whatever chemical salad they put down on the roads. I've tried the shampoo/vac at the car wash, and it did a nice job cleaning the carpets, but the stains still exist.

I even tried Natures Miracle (my thought was, if it's good enough for pet soiling...). It did better than the shampoo but the stains are still there.

What should I use? The mats are the matching ones that come with the car, with the car name embossed in the mat, so they're OEM and I'd like to keep them for the car.

Worse case, I get new mats, learn from my mistake and order all weather mats from AG.
    Spend some money on new weather tech molded plastic mats
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DogRescuer View Post
    Spend some money on new weather tech molded plastic mats
    I will for the winter... but the oem mats are embroidered with the car name and I'd like to bring them back to life or replace.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belair View Post
    Try Spot Shot. It's available most everywhere.
    Thanks, but it looks like since they changed their formula it's getting horrible reviews on-line.

Post Thanks / Like

folex does wonders on stains, spray stains first let it soak in for few min then agitate with brush. If you can use steamer. If all fails use pressure washer. i did it recently and that did the trick (but thats me)
    AbsoluteAutoDetailing.org

serving long island and NY area. mention AGO for a discount.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree w/ psdnuts on the folex. Spray, scrub, blot. Maybe invest in a little green machine to extract, and to have it for next winter? Those can be had for about $100 and are very useful.

Post Thanks / Like

my wife had road chem aka "salt" stains on her black Audi carpet from a pretty rough NE winter. i used Whip's Salt Remover and some agitation...and my Green Machine. gone. i know Whip's is a pretty specialized product, but, it works for what you are talking about, amongst other "salt" related things.

as far as the Weathertech reco...3D mats are better than those imo. i had Weathertechs in three cars and switched. neat proprietary material on the carpet side to keep them secure, even w/o anchors, softer overall feel, as if they are padded, same raised "liner" type coverage and WAY less slippery surface when wet. also, they look better. way better imo. you can get them in carpet or "Kagu" which is what we have. sorta like a carbon fiber nibbed look. nobody really knows about them in this country but she has them in her Audi (all rows plus cargo) and i have 'em in my Benz for all spots too. they are sensational.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't have a carpet extractor I would folex scrub and power wash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk