autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what wax should I use

Collinite 845.
    Very easy to apply by machine and by hand
    Long lasting, very little goes a very long way
    Good value product, good longevity

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jrocket View Post
    Take a look at the Current Waxes being offered on the Wax Sale.

Another great option would be to give Drew's (SON1C) Phoenix Wax a go
    I was one of the beta testers for for the new son1c wax and loved it but its a little out of my price range

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say coly 845 has become one of my go to. Look, longevity, application. 915 is a little more tricky to apply, thin, thin thin on both 845 and 915. 845 you can do multiple panels or entire car and go back and buff. 915 panel at a time and buff before haze or you will hate life. Apply and remove no wait. It is a good wax just takes some getting used to. Four drops 845 on red pad kiss 2 -3-4 panels at a time and good to go. I'm not a true cult member as I have and use lots of sealants, waxes /coatings etc. but will say I do use them regularly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zacetzel View Post
    how is the ease of apllication for collinite 915
    It's extremely easy for me. I'm not sure why someone would have any issue with it. It spreads well and buffs off easily. I've done half the car and buffed it off - still easy. I guess I apply it thinner than most people.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the things I love about the dodo juice waxes is their forgiving nature. The core eight will all buff off as easily after 24 hours as they will after twenty minutes. Plus they smell great, I'm seriously addicted to sniffing blue velvet lol

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a wax you really can't go wrong with any of the Collinites. 476 is probably the most durable but 915 and 845 are both extremely durable too, way beyond the average for waxes. 845 is, IMO, the easiest to apply: warm it a little, shake it vigorously and then apply via a DA. 915 is arguably the best looking of the bunch but 99% of the public would never see the difference, especially on not fully corrected daily drivers. These are wax/sealant hybrids with 915 having the highest carnauba content. I'd take any of these over any Meguiar's LSP in a heartbeat.

If you want a more exotic wax solution I'd probably look at Victoria Wax Hybrid or Soft 99 Fusso Coat, these based on reputation as I haven't used them.

If you want to go with a straight sealant as opposed to a hybrid wax Duragloss 105 is probably the most durable, at least among the eight or nine I've tried.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.