autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Frustrated with Microfiber

I've had pakshak plush towels now for a couple months, washed about 3-4 times so far , and I get no linting yet. That's not saying they won't later on though. But I only use a cobra WW on my glass (I was just testing the PS towels on glass for the heck of it)
    I also have an old auto zone large size WW drying towel that I thought was scratching paint, so I cut it into 4 pieces and use those on glass also, when my cobras are dirty or if the glass is real filthy.

I have to say that those pakshak's seem really nice, plush and sturdy. Very clingy too.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=Rsurfer;379710]
    Quote Originally Posted by toxygene View Post
    Which Pak Shak towels do you recommend? Also, they don't offer any volume discounts, do they?

Get the Utra Plush for an all around towel.
    Trust Ron! He is the Pak Shak expert. I got mine on sale. They are an exceptional value given the quality and price compared to Cobra IMO.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kris R View Post
    I have been running ongoing tests on micro fiber for about a year now. And the end result it the same: After the first wash and dry, I can see millions of little lint fibers on my glass and mirrors after using the microfiber.
    Have you considered the towels are picking up the cotton lint from your dryer? The one consistency is " After the first wash and dry, I can see millions of little lint fibers on my glass and mirrors after using the microfiber."

Another problem might be the drying temperature. At what heat level are you drying?

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using Cobra glass WW towel without any issues. When washing I always wash all WW separate from the rest tower. I'd say give that a try.
    CORN FED STI

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some very nice plush micro fiber towels from walmart and some from target. I got the blue ones that are light blue on one side and gray on the other from walmart for a few bucks I think 6 or $7. I got the orange/gray ones from target. They work great and don't fall apart. I rinse them every so often in the sink when they get dirty. I use a little liquid clothes wash detergent and rub it in. Then let them soak for a bit in the sink and rinse them out and ring them out. And then hang them to air dry.

I learned this in college from a girl friend. Nice shirts of mine were fading and falling apart and shrinking. Girlfriend said it was from hot water washing and hot drying. She told me to cold water wash in woolite in the wash machine or rinse them/soak them in the sink with woolite and then hang the shirt on a hanger to dry. She was right it worked.

Don't use the hot dryer or a hot washer. That will cause lint and your towels to fall apart fast. It beats up and fades clothes. Same for your towels or delicate fabrics and clothes.

Do you have a big sink in the basement? Hand wash/soak and then dry on the clothesline like grandma did . OR>>>>If you use the washing machine do you have a soak cycle? Where you can just stop the wash cycle. Just throw them into the wash machine with liquid detergent. Let them soak over night, then run the wash cycle in the morning. Theb take them out and air dry. Problem solved.

I soak all my grungy dirty hunting fishing clothes in hot water overnight. Then I run the wash cycle in the morning. Works good.
    Last edited by 1flyfisher; 11-19-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kris R View Post
    I have been running ongoing tests on micro fiber for about a year now. And the end result it the same: After the first wash and dry, I can see millions of little lint fibers on my glass and mirrors after using the microfiber.

I have used everything from Cobra to the cheapo autozone cloths or Target or anywhere that sells Microfiber.

I have used hot water, cold water, air dry, low heat dryer, detergent, DP orange powder, oxy clean.

I will say that after the load is done I put it on a second rinse and add a cup of distilled white vinegar. The softness cant be BEAT! And ive never had an issue with wax residue still on the cloths. But as stated no matter what brand, or what method I wash a new cloth, I get lint all over my windows and mirrors.

At this point I just want to know what to clean my glass with that is LINT FREE! I cant buy new MF everytime I want to detail a car. Im only having this issue with the glass.

Oh and I use either water or Stoners Invisible GLass to clean windows.

Thanks
    Huck Surgical towels

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Huck Surgical towels

Where do you find them at?
    Brian Fowler, Hernando, FL
    2008 Mustang Pony Package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MonoPed View Post

It's actually been 3-4 years since I've had to buy them and can't recall where I actually got them from. Very durable and should last a long time if you care for them properly. I suggest washing them a few times when new to break them in a little though.

If you do a Google search several places come up with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

My Cobra MF Glass towels lint like crazy. I won't use them for cleaning my glass any more.I have only washed and stored them with my WW drying towels but maybe that is the problem. I do not see any visible signs of linting from the drying towels that remains behind on my paint however.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want something like that try your local medical supply store/pharmacy type place , a place that sells wheelchairs, walkers, catheters and all sorts of medical supplies should have something like that. But I don't know why you would need something like that, a regular kitchen towel you can get at walmart for $1 will work just fine cleaning mirrors or glass or whatever. Unless you're nuts. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MonoPed View Post

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast