autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Deep Gloss = hazy

Hi I put on WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant on my car yesterday and today the car is hazy granted its only about 35 degrees out side but should the car look like its hazy. The car is in the garage not heated. I applied it like the bottle suggest small circles and rub off using mf towel. What is going on and How do I bring back the shine?
    Kids_gone
    CT, USA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Deep Gloss = hazy

Did you let the sealant sit on the car for 45 minutes to an hour before removing?

I've never had this issue using the WG sealant, so maybe some others may be able to help you out.

Post Thanks / Like

If you rub your finger across the paint does it remove the "haze"? Maybe you put it on too thick or didn't buff it off all the way. If it's had time to cure then I'd hit it with some QD. Was the garage freezing temps last night during the cure time?
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what the temp was last night in our garage there wasn't frost on the grass so it wasn't below freezing.
    Forty Five minutes the directions on the bottle don't say that!

Just hit it with QD helped a bit I wondering what my next move should be. Should I take the car back out of the garage and wash it with dawn or hit it with the buffer again with a green pad to try to remove this stuff? AHH!
    Kids_gone
    CT, USA

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I always leave my sealants on for at least 45 minutes before I remove them. Just give them time to adhere to the paint before I remove it.

But I don't think this would be why your having the hazy issue. Was the paint clear to begin with? As in no haziness prior to applying the sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it was just washed and very shinny. I'm at a lost here.
    Kids_gone
    CT, USA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kids_gone View Post
    Hi I put on WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant on my car yesterday and today the car is hazy granted its only about 35 degrees out side but should the car look like its hazy. The car is in the garage not heated. I applied it like the bottle suggest small circles and rub off using mf towel. What is going on and How do I bring back the shine?
    How did you prep the paint before you applied the sealant. I'm wondering if you put something on the paint that reacted with the sealant?

I normally use IPA after polishing to remove residual polishes, however WG's prewax paint enhancer doesn't need to be wiped off, I went directed to DGPS after WG FG3.0 the first time and recently used DGPS after using Opt Finish polish to cut a step.

DGPS has always given me a very clear, glossy finish with a little nuba glow to it. It only needs 20-30 minutes to set up before removal, but I apply to the entire vehicle then take a 30 minute break. That gives the sealant about 40 minutes to set up.

I hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kids_gone View Post
    Yes, it was just washed and very shinny. I'm at a lost here.
    It gets a whitish haze when you miss a spot? Glad a car wash solved your problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_s View Post
    Glad a car wash solved your problem.
    Kurt,

I think he was saying that his car was washed and shiny prior to the application of WGDGPS, Then, it looked hazy after application of WGDGPS.

Like Corey said above, if it's cured long enough, hit it with some QD. That would be the first thing I would try.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_s View Post
    How did you prep the paint before you applied the sealant. I'm wondering if you put something on the paint that reacted with the sealant?

I normally use IPA after polishing to remove residual polishes, however WG's prewax paint enhancer doesn't need to be wiped off, I went directed to DGPS after WG FG3.0 the first time and recently used DGPS after using Opt Finish polish to cut a step.

DGPS has always given me a very clear, glossy finish with a little nuba glow to it. It only needs 20-30 minutes to set up before removal, but I apply to the entire vehicle then take a 30 minute break. That gives the sealant about 40 minutes to set up.

I hope that helps.
    I did try to polish some of the light scratches out maybe it reacted to the polish. I thrown in the towel. I gave it a once over with the Red pad just to see if it would help remove some of it. Did some so instead of going gray over this (god only knows how much real color is left ) I put a wax on, the bottle say it last 3 month I'm going to wait it out! I'm still a newbie and boy does it shows
    thanks for your ideas, I'll remember them if I ever try this again NOT!
    Kids_gone
    CT, USA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast