autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuzion Vs. Sovereign

Quote Originally Posted by Stype4life View Post
    Good Q Kurt I bought The Wolf Gang Deep Gloss for my Black Jag that I neglected, But didnt think to ask.......Which sealent is preferred for Black. I only asked which Wax
    I'm sure that you will be very happy. Richard used DGPS as a base with Souveran as a topper on that car you drooled over. Then again, you'll need to do the work to get his finish.

The Menzerna product is newer, and the Four Star UPP and Zaino have their followings. I'm only looking for perspective as Scott has access to and plays with this stuff.

It's all good...

Post Thanks / Like

I am supposed to receive Power Lock on trade but I guess I will have to order 4*UPP and mess around with it. But yes, Scott has tested way more than I have and you will find some of his answers may surprise you regarding brand.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    I am supposed to receive Power Lock on trade but I guess I will have to order 4*UPP and mess around with it. But yes, Scott has tested way more than I have and you will find some of his answers may surprise you regarding brand.
    Scott has steered me in the right direction so far...

Let me know what you think of the Power Lock and 4*UPP. I wanted to try 4*UPP but I'm getting 6 months plus from DGPS + OCW. At this rate, I'll run out of DGPS in around 2014.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_s View Post
    Hey Scott,

I noticed that DGPS is not one of the sealants listed for blacks. I don't own a black car now so it really doesn't matter to me, but I would find it instructive because we all have different opinions about what looks and works best.

What colors are best for DGPS3.0 and why would you choose Four Star UPP, Powerlock and Zaino sealants for black?

If I have Fuzion, do I need Souveran or Supernatural for my buddy's black Porsche?

Giant thanks again!
    I like Wolfgang better on metallics and lighter colors. Because it looks more wax like its warmer and seems to show better on colors less reflective.

On black I still find and love Four Star UPP. Its a Zaino like clone IMO and much slicker initially. Its so darn easy to remove also, its one of my all time fav's. I do however like Powerlock on all colors and find DP's Policoat and extreme value.

Supernatural is quite nice but harder to remove than Souveran or Fuzion. It also leaves some markings needing a rebuff several hours after initial remove. I think this is what some suggest as "sweating".

As for Souveran ... lets just offer I was buying it and using it long before I aligned with Autogeek. Infact it was one of the factors in contacting Jason and Capt Max so much and suggesting they consider the Corvetteforum as sponsor. Many of my fellow forum members have tried and fallen in love with Souveran Paste.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I like Wolfgang better on metallics and lighter colors. Because it looks more wax like its warmer and seems to show better on colors less reflective.

On black I still find and love Four Star UPP. Its a Zaino like clone IMO and much slicker initially. Its so darn easy to remove also, its one of my all time fav's. I do however like Powerlock on all colors and find DP's Policoat and extreme value.

Supernatural is quite nice but harder to remove than Souveran or Fuzion. It also leaves some markings needing a rebuff several hours after initial remove. I think this is what some suggest as "sweating".

As for Souveran ... lets just offer I was buying it and using it long before I aligned with Autogeek. Infact it was one of the factors in contacting Jason and Capt Max so much and suggesting they consider the Corvetteforum as sponsor. Many of my fellow forum members have tried and fallen in love with Souveran Paste.
    Maybe that's why I like the WG as a sealant. I used a traditional nuba for 10 years (it's like a 80 year old family formula) and love the warmth of a pure wax.

I assume that the 4*UPP will give more of that dripping wet, glossy finish with crisp mirror images if the paint is preped. Is that a fair assessment? I don't have a black car so it may not be necessary right now, but it really sounds like I need to play with it.

I keep hearing DP PoliCoat come up. Do you think that DP Poli Coat is more similar in appearance to DGPS, 4*UPP, Power Lock or some other product?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_s View Post
    I'm sure that you will be very happy. Richard used DGPS as a base with Souveran as a topper on that car you drooled over. Then again, you'll need to do the work to get his finish.
    had to throw that in hu kurt lol. Im not using a machine so hope all works out!!!!!! im off to get it in today stay tuned to see some awesome holograms and swirls!

Post Thanks / Like

souveran truly has a glow that mimics higher end waxes for sure.
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    souveran truly has a glow that mimics higher end waxes for sure.
    I assumed souvern was the higher end wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stype4life View Post
    I assumed souvern was the higher end wax
    you can find waxes with prices in the hundreds and thousand of dollars and not find a significant difference. It has been suggested that Pinnacle set its sight on Destiny when it designed Souveran Paste but wanted it to be much easier to apply and remove also.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

you can find waxes with prices in the hundreds and thousand of dollars and not find a significant difference. It has been suggested that Pinnacle set its sight on Destiny when it designed Souveran Paste but wanted it to be much easier to apply and remove also.
    scott is correct.
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123