autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

VX5000 Vs Dupray one plus

Has anyone ever used both models? Which one would yall recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: VX5000 Vs Dupray one plus

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Has anyone ever used both models? Which one would yall recommend?
    My impressions. The owner of Steam Cleaners Direct, the sellers of the VX5000 challenged me to try both, so I did. I did not get my Dupray from AG as at the time, I was shopping elsewhere. SCD even paid the shipping return for the Dupray!

The first difference to me is the construction. The VX5000 is a stainless steel exterior with castors so it rolls around quite easily. I like it more for roaming around the exterior of a car than the Dupray. You do not get his layout until you move up to the Hill Injection.

They both have 65 psi low moisture steam.

They both have similar included accessories. I prefer the handle of the VX then the hand-guard version of the Dupray. This is because on the Dupray, the steam control is on the unit. On the VX, it is on the wand. right switch for low, left for medium, and both for full speed ahead. The VX also does water injection which the One Plus does not do. The water injection feature comes on the Hill Injection. This was a big factor to me.

The Dupray is a continuous fill versus the VX-5000 not being continuous fill but the VX has a large reservoir. Continuous works by having a reservoir then a second smaller reservoir to feed it to create "continuous" steam. I prefer just the larger reservoir. The full VX reservoir easily lasts a few cars of full cleaning unless it's "really" bad.

Both have low water and steam ready indicators.

The Vx5000 gives you an extra 2 ft on the hose 10ft vs 8 which may not sound like much but climbing into trucks, it has made the difference for me.

If Dupray is different with Autogeek, then please look into this but the VX5000 included MANY more brushes for the jet tool than the Dupray did. I believe I only got a couple.

Also both are true Italian made steamers which is apparently where the best steamers are made.

In the end I chose the VX because of the people behind the product, warranty, included accessories, product workmanship, hand controls, and the price. Over $1000 less than the Hill Injection for hot water injection albeit not as powerful, the VX5000 can tackle most automotive stains I've ran into.

It is quite capable for automotive detailing and anything more machine wise for me would be in the realm of a steam extractor such as the Carmen Inox. For it's price point and purpose, is to me the machine to have for it's size, power, reliability, and construction. For automotive use on interiors, door jams, engine work, it is a great tool. I would again see no purpose to spend more until I'd want the level of purpose the Carmen brings to the table.

I hope that helps at least my thought process behind it.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What if you could get a slightly used One plus for 600? Should i take it and save a few hundred or will i regret my choice?

Mike Phillips

Thank you for taking this from PM's to the forum... I much prefer to discuss detailing and answer questions on the forum than in private messages.

You get more feedback and everyone wins.

I have not used this model....

[IMG]Dupray ONE Plus Steam Cleaner[/IMG]

But I do use it's bigger cousin the Dupray Hill Infection Steam Cleaner.

Steam Cleaning a Ferrari Interior with the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

The features about the Dupray One Plus and Hill Injection Steam Cleaner is that everything is top notch quality plus with these two models you get the "continuous refill" feature which is nice.

And you can use tap water without any problems or voiding the warranty.

The attachments are also pro-grade and well thought out as I show in this thread.

How To Use the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

For cleaning car interior, you're going to love the triangle brush with the spring loaded towel clamp. This makes placing a clean towel onto the brush fast and easy and it holds it very securely.

The size of the brush head is PERFECT for any standard size 16" square microfiber or cotton towel.

Simply fold the towel diagonally to create a triangle shape like this...

Place the brush head onto the folded towel like this with a little more extra space at the top. (not much just a little, you need some excess at the back also)

Use your finger or thumb to depress the spring loaded clamp....

Then simply pull the three corners of the towel up and through the open slots of the clamp....

Should look like this when done correctly...

You're ready to start cleaning and disinfecting without using chemicals.... this can be a real lifesaver if you're allergic to or sensitive to cleaning chemicals.

If I were to purchase a steam cleaner today I would get the Plus One Model. It's at a lower price point than the Hill Injection model but you get the most important features.

I'd also recommend getting a Meguiar's Detailing Cart to place it on like I show in this picture.

I hate bending over and dragging around tools sitting on a floor. The cart is worth it's weight in gold in my opinion. I have 3 of them in Autogeek's Show Car Garage for various tool sets and we use the heck out of them.

Meguiar's Tool Cart

Mike Phillips

Here's what the students in my Detailing Boot Camp Class did using a Dupray Steam Cleaner.

This is the real deal...

Here's what a Dupray Steam Cleaner can do!

At our September Detailing Boot Camp Class we had an all original 1967 Lincoln Continental in our class for a full interior and exterior detail.

Here's how the original white leather interior looked BEFORE my class took the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner to it...

If you look closely at the area below the pull handle you can see a small area that I cleaned to show how much room there is for improvement...

Here's the after shot...

And the original single stage paint was resurrected using the Rupes paint polishing system.

Rupes Bigfoot Polishers Detailing Class & Extreme Paint Restoration

The Dupray Steam Machines are really well built, well thought out and capable of amazing results.

See my two article here for more information...

How To Use the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

Steam Cleaning a Ferrari Interior with the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

On Autogeek.net

The Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

The Dupray Tosca and the Dupray ONE Plus both would be great steamers too and the both offer the continuous refill feature.

Dupray Steamers

Post Thanks / Like

What if you could get a slightly used One plus for 600? Should i take it and save a few hundred or will i regret my choice?
    If it functionally works and has all the accessories, I'd go for it. Just make sure it works properly. Either machine are plenty strong.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that if you are doing detailing regularly, you will enjoy the castors the VX offers as well as the larger reservoir, and the stainless construction. Also water injection.

As Mike posted, the Hill Injection is a fabulous machine and is the one I really wanted but at $2 grand was a bit rich considering how well the VX performed. If you can swing it, the Hill is a great machine and definitely worth consideration.

I will say though with any tool, I prefer to buy new for the warranty and support offered and the VX has some of the best. Steve is an awesome guy.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome I am wanting a steamer to help clean and speed up details. I will be starting a mobile wash very soon so want to be capable of giving my customers a quality clean. I see autogeek is about to have a sell it probably wouldn't include the Dupray huh?? Either way once the sell starts I will be spending some money. What else do you recommend I need easy on the pocket but quality chemicals. From Tire and wheel cleaner ,good wax, tire dressing and interior dressing, air freshner, pretty much everything. I was thinking
    Car wash soap- hypo wash
    interior and wheel cleaner- APC+
    Wax- ?????
    Wheel and black triming dressing-???
    Interior dressing and protection-??
    and brushes.
    What other products will help save me time and leave quality result?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryandamartini View Post
    I would say that if you are doing detailing regularly, you will enjoy the castors the VX offers as well as the larger reservoir, and the stainless construction. Also water injection.

As Mike posted, the Hill Injection is a fabulous machine and is the one I really wanted but at $2 grand was a bit rich considering how well the VX performed. If you can swing it, the Hill is a great machine and definitely worth consideration.

I will say though with any tool, I prefer to buy new for the warranty and support offered and the VX has some of the best. Steve is an awesome guy.
    It will have full warranty starting from when I order it. Its from SCD, it was a demo model only used for demo. Comes with all attachments.

Post Thanks / Like

It will have full warranty starting from when I order it. Its from SCD, it was a demo model only used for demo. Comes with all attachments.
    You will enjoy it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast