autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Compound you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I took Chris Thomas's advice about the sprayer ("spray it like you mean it") and don't really have any problems with it (what he meant is don't try to do partial sprays, you have to give it a full stroke). The problem with that is typically by the end of a session you have sprayed your forearm, the machine, the wall, the window of the car, etc.

My question would be if you are going to resort to putting an OPT Hyper (sprayable) product into a squeeze bottle, is there a point in doing that rather than just using the lotion version as Lowejackson suggests?
    haha, yeah, a mess. it didn't matter for me with either compound or polish. i'd end up wasting some to get it to prime and then it would at first be what i assume is the watery carrier that separated in the tube, then it would eventually bring some of the actual freshly shaken formula up through but like i said i've said before i'd have to spray it into a trash can or something first to get it flowing well. and that's if it worked at all. i just gave up and at first put it in these little fine bore flip top squeeze bottles i had but switched to CarPro squeeze bottles so i could hold more at one time.

i really think that if i was correcting every single day it wouldn't be an issue. but, obviously i'm rarely using these things so that might be a huge variable.

as far as it vs. the cream versions - that's a very valid point and great question. right off the bat you'd be saving about 0.25 an ounce if you bought the 32 ounce creams vs. the Hyper sprays (you'd be upside down by 0.86/oz if you went 8 oz).

i used to use the creams and they worked great...before the II versions came out, you know, the original stuff. and i have a bottle of compound II that i've never used. but, i switched to Hyper because of the ease of use and trust me, i used to LOVE the sprayers when they worked...but it just eventually became wasteful and a pain so i gave up. unfortunately/fortunately i'm well stocked with Hyper spray so i won't be using creams any time soon...but i'm ok with that because i've had great success with the Hyper polish and compound - they work fine out of the squeezies.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike I just checked out your video Pinnacle Advanced Compound, swirl remover this looks like it will solve the swirl marks on my car. Then I will need to use Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish is an incredibly mild polish that puts the finishing touch on the paint prior to wax . and collinite wax and klasse sealant. I notice meguiars has similar products but are cheaper I will look to see if the cheaper products give the same results for the polish part. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    We've gotten kind of off-topic here.....
    Quite right, apologies to everyone. I shall save my ramblings about spray heads for another time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123