autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Detailing Options

I'm confused by the three detail/spray wax options. There are conflicting statements about each product when used in conjunction with the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (used by both of or cars) and Fuzion Estate Wax (used on top of the DGPS on my car).

The Detail Spritz is stated to be created for Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

The Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant is a direct descendant of the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant...ok to use as a quick detailer...but to kill it use Fusion Wax over the sealant. It looks to me to be an alternative to the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant or as a detailer to that product...including a required 12 hour cure time. But the picture on the same page mentions it can be used in conjunction with the Fuzion Estate Wax...and in addition it is included with the Fusion Estate wax kit.

The Fuzion Spray wax is compatible with the Fuzion Estate wax and the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, and used either as a topper or stand alone. Is this a newer product than the two above, and the best product in conjunction with the Fuzion Estate wax?

Finally the Fuzion Estate wax pages have conflicting statements. The 8 oz. page indicates to use the Fuzion Spray Wax and Instant Detail Spritz to maintain max gloss and protection between details. The 3 oz. page says to use the Deep Gloss Spritz as a maintenance between details.

Due to the confusion between statements about the three products and what may work best, I simply ask which are the best products to use for maintenance between detailing with 1) Deep Gloss Paint Sealant; and 2) Fuzion Estate Wax?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Detailing Options

This is how I would think that of them.

Fusion Spray > Spritz Sealant > Detail Spritz as far as protection.

I have and think Spritz Sealant is a nice maintenance product and very easy to use. It may be excessive to use it weekly if it is a sealant, so that's where Detail Spritz comes in.

I don't have the others, but if they are anything like most other Wolfgang products, they are probably just as nice to work with.

Post Thanks / Like

Spritz sealant is a spray sealant used for quick added protection. It doesn't have any cleaning properties. Fuzion spray wax is for those who prefer the look of carnuba. I'd skip the quick Detailer and just use Uber rinseless as a rinseless, waterless and quick Detailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, what he said.

The Detail Spritz is only one that is said to be used as a "quick detailer" (very light cleaner).

Uber Rinseless for that and it's other uses.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used all of the Wolfgang spray products and will throw my 2˘ into the discussion...

1. Instant Detail Spritz:

This is their quick detailer, and it is a good one. Light cleaning ability, adds gloss and some additional protection, can be used in direct sunlight. Great for touching up a dusty garage queen or as a final touch up prior to a car show. Could also be used as a drying aid if desired. Kind of "melts" into the paint as you use it... a very nice detail spray.

2. Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant:

This is their spray "wax" which contains all of Wolfgang's synthetic super polymer goodness. As mentioned above it should be used on clean paint. This is a topper and maintenance product for DGPS 3.0 and will help to refresh and extend the life of the Wolfgang sealant. Can also be used as a drying aid. Enhances gloss and adds additional protection.

3. Fuzion Spray Wax:

This is the newest addition to Wolfgang lineup. A spray wax that infuses real carnauba with their German super polymers. No cleaning ability, and is intended as a topper/maintenance product for either Fuzion or DGPS 3.0. This one is trickier to apply as it actually hazes up on the paint and needs to be buffed off. Provides enhanced gloss and additional protection. Would not work well as a drying aid. This one I wasn't as impressed with as simply applying Fuzion wax itself is so easy, I just prefer to do that. If you don't have Fuzion, and want more of a carnauba glow I suppose this could be a good choice.

All of the Wolfgang spray waxes/detailer, sealant, and Fuzion wax are compatible with each other and you can mix & match or you could use them all. Do you need them all? No! Sort of depends what you are trying to achieve.

Willbeen - sounds like you're using these products on your daily drivers. IMHO, I'd get the Spritz Sealant spray for occasional use on the car using DGPS 3.0 as the LSP, and just put a fresh coat of Fuzion over the 3.0 on your car once a month or so. Combine that with using Uber Rinseless as mentioned above for rinseless washes, waterless washes, and occasional detail spray use when you feel like it and you should be good to go Wolfgang Detailing Options.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Badger is on point. I have and use the all on my Black car.

I do..

2x dgps
    1x Fuzion paste
    1x Fuzion spray wax ( on clean paint to enhance gloss)

Maintenence :
    Instant Detail spritz for minor cleaning
    Spritz sealant on clean paint
    Uber Rinseless for maintenance wash

The detail spritz flashes quick, enhances gloss and slickness.

Spray sealant I use the least, maybe after 2nd coat of dgps, before Fuzion, just to make sure I didn't miss any spots

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've read in this thread it sort of seems like the Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz is sort of obsolete when you could simply use Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash Concentrate @3oz. per gallon as a waterless wash.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    From what I've read in this thread it sort of seems like the Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz is sort of obsolete when you could simply use Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash Concentrate @3oz. per gallon as a waterless wash.

Sent from my iPhone
    It certainly could be. But for light detail work I still prefer the detail spritz over Uber for gloss and sickness.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willbeen View Post
    The Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant is a...
    •It's a genuine, honest-to-goodness
    LSP (Sealant)...that just so happens
    to be packaged in a spray form.

•And...Like many detailing products:
    It also has "non-standard" uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Willbeen View Post
    I simply ask which are the best products
    to use for maintenance between detailing
    with 1) Deep Gloss Paint Sealant;
    and 2) Fuzion Estate Wax?
    •I either apply another coat of the
    original LSP (such as: WDGPS); or
    use Detail-Sprays/Spritzes/D114.

•Then again:
    -"The Best" is so surpassingly subjective.
    -There are no physical things that
    have intrinsic value.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti